Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dragon Force

• 08-12-2007 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Does anyone know what their first CD is? I already have Inhuman Rampage and I'd like to get their first CD. Also anyone know when their next CD is coming out?
    Thanks

Very Respectfully,
    ET3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Their first album is Valley of the Damned if thats what you're referring to. First cd release ever was the Valley of the Damned demo when they were called Dragonheart. The album contains all the songs that feature on the demo. Brilliant band btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm not sure if ya know there's three albums, maybe ya do but just given a heads up incase ya don't.

Join the DF Forum! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

just keep listening to Sonic Firestorm and Inhuman Rampage, if you can tell the difference, the next album will probably sound the same anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

God I hate these guys.
    Ya they are talented musicians but it just drives me up the wall.
    Far too twiddly for my liking.
    Each to their own though.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Say what you will about their music, but they are one of the best live bands out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 silverwing

Musically "Dragonforce" is quite talanted and has quite a bit of potential. In reality though they are nothing special, excluding the guitars. Besides the constant soloing(with no type of rythmn whatsoever) the music is nothing special. Better power metal which is much more solid, and well put together would be Running Wild, Gamma Ray, Pagan's Mind, Helloween, Primal Fear, and Blind Guardian. Just some suggestions...

To answer your question "Valley of the Damned" was their first and in my opinion best release(I enjoy it quite a bit when in the mood for that type of thing), so get it if you can. Also if you are able or interested check out Demoniac (Nzl). It's a band that some of the members that are in Dragonforce were in. There music is a combination of black metal meets power metal, really good quality stuff.

That's my insight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

is it just me or do those lads sound "designer!, i suspect a brain like simon cowell is behind them, they're just too .....perfect, melodic metal, i'd say nearly euphoric, vocals remind me of helloween.. impossibly fast double bass and spaghetti fingers solos..metal you'd play to your granny almost... fair play to them if they're the real deal but i suspect otherwise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

steveone wrote: »
    is it just me or do those lads sound "designer!, i suspect a brain like simon cowell is behind them, they're just too .....perfect, melodic metal, i'd say nearly euphoric, vocals remind me of helloween.. impossibly fast double bass and spaghetti fingers solos..metal you'd play to your granny almost... fair play to them if they're the real deal but i suspect otherwise...
    Ya wha'?

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Ya wha'?

i dunno every time i hear into the fire and flames i think..yeah ok.. sounds designer...like it was written for an x factor band to market to up and coming metalheads.. they don't come across as real to me... i know how good the guitars are etc but it just doesn't sit right... maybe i'm too old:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Sure most popular metal/metalcore is like that these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Thank you, I will probably get their earlier albums to see what they're like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

Nightwish wrote: »
    Say what you will about their music, but they are one of the best live bands out there.
    meh. they WERE good live. i saw them after Valley of the Damned, and they were really good. then the music got old and repetitive (Sonic Firestorm and Inhuman Rampage may as well be the same album, if it wasnt for the first 2 tracks off SF), and their live show has followed suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

This can't be watched often enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

maybe it will be like a repeat of the 80's/90's where dragonforce will morph into a seriously good band like when pantera went from spandex and cheese to cowboys from hell....i wont't hold my breath....did dragonforce sample tetris soundtrack?

Pantera%20-%20Metal%20Magic.jpg

Arucard wrote: »
    meh. they WERE good live. i saw them after Valley of the Damned, and they were really good. then the music got old and repetitive (Sonic Firestorm and Inhuman Rampage may as well be the same album, if it wasnt for the first 2 tracks off SF), and their live show has followed suit.

Yeah that's another problem I have with Dragonforce. They are way too repetive for their own good in their latter efforts. The repition really kills their musical efforts for me, and is a turn off that over-shadows the band's positive aspects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Nightwish wrote: »

God I hated them when I saw them live - ridiculously corny.. I have Sonic Firestorm & quite like it, but I cringed from beginning to end when I saw them in Vicar Street (& this is coming from a Helloween, Gamma Ray, Manowar etc fan)..

I agree that they are good musicians, but I think I'll stick to listening to them from my stereo in the future.

About, 99% of the time, Sam (and sometimes some of the other members) are drunk during live shows (which I've heard from lots of different people, and have whitnessed fomr the concert footage/vids I've seen). So live shows, in summary, are for the most part unpredictable and sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Saw them live at graspop 2 years and they were ridiculously sloppy, decent enough energy and stuff, but plastic songs played incredibly sloppy didn't sit well.

grand i'm obviously not the only one with reservations. corny might sum it all up in one word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Yeah they do have they 'manufactured' Simon Cowell feel. Their guitar work seems to be more about making weird noises and doing tricks than anything else. I have Inhuman Rampage and the only song I somewhat like is Through the Fire and the Flames. It sort of sounds like something you'd hear at the Eurovision though, doesn't it?

Anyway, I think they can be summed up in one word: NERDS. :P

Advertisement