Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today FM Today

• 08-12-2007 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Was our all powerful leader, the Teflon Taoiseach, the one and only Bertie the analyst on the rayjo today?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Didn't hear it, but I think they mentioned during the week that they were going to have him on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Always a great show and they use their own commentators and reporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not a patch on BBC Radio 5 Live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

DesF wrote: »
    Was our all powerful leader, the Teflon Taoiseach, the one and only Bertie the analyst on the rayjo today?

Really? The guy never ceases to amaze me...surely he has more imporant things to be doin? Like running the friggin country maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Eirebear wrote: »
    Really? The guy never ceases to amaze me...surely he has more imporant things to be doin? Like running the friggin country maybe?

Everyone knows the civil service have the real power in this country ;)

What you say is true but he has to maintain the "man of the people" reputation and no better way to do this then going to the local pub at weekends and also talking about football in the media.

Sure he was on The Premiership a few years back and people still talk about it, even in this forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,345 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I am sure he knew exactly what money he was getting for it as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He wasn't on live or anything today. It was a prerecorded 10min interview done last week. Not too much to complain about really. Just a quick chat about how he got into football, what he thinks of the current ManU team and what he thinks of the National teams situation. Was grand, nothing groundbreaking, nothing controversial (though he did mention that he doesn't think the Ireland job merits a full time manager, that maybe a better manager doing it part time might be a better idea.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He wasn't on live or anything today. It was a prerecorded 10min interview done last week. Not too much to complain about really. Just a quick chat about how he got into football, what he thinks of the current ManU team and what he thinks of the National teams situation. Was grand, nothing groundbreaking, nothing controversial (though he did mention that he doesn't think the Ireland job merits a full time manager, that maybe a better manager doing it part time might be a better idea.)

What a ****ing gowl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What a ****ing gowl!

Are you just moaning for the sake of moaning or what?

Cant see anythign wrong with him doing an interview.I'm sure plenty of people here would jump at the chance to have their say on the tv or radio.

Cant see a problem of a part time manager. I suggested it a couple of weeks ago in an England manger thread. If a top class manager that was already with a club wanted to do it part time, why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Bertie was on the Premiership before sure, not a big deal at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Eirebear wrote: »
    ...surely he has more imporant things to be doin? Like running the friggin country maybe?

Yes, how dare he have outside interests. Doesn't he know that upon election he was required to forfeit his entire life to the job, 24/7, 365 days a year. :rolleyes:

So I guess that means that you don't think that he should even be allowed to attend matches either then, what with the country being need to be run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Rumour has it he used to sit in the Jodi stand watching Jackie Jameson play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

didnt hear him, but in general i think the today fm coverage is excellent on saturdays.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Its nice to hear that Bertie thinks that already needs a part time manager. Sure if the country can be run by a part time Taoiseach sure why not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

wowy wrote: »
    Yes, how dare he have outside interests. Doesn't he know that upon election he was required to forfeit his entire life to the job, 24/7, 365 days a year. :rolleyes:

So I guess that means that you don't think that he should even be allowed to attend matches either then, what with the country being need to be run?

Of course he is allowed outside interests...thats a stupid statement.

This isnt about him LIKING football, this is about the guy who is more of a cleebrity than a politician, and the more he keeps this persona going, the more he will get away with certain little problems he may have during his tenure...because after all, he is just"one of us" at heart ;)

EDIT: Funny thing is too...he appears on a commercial radio station, rather than one of the state funded programmes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

micmclo wrote: »

Sure he was on The Premiership a few years back and people still talk about it, even in this forum!

Hilarious. Didnt he call Silvestre a world class defender only to be corrected by Dunphy.

Advertisement