Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Size does matter!!!!

Options
  • 08-12-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

why are stocks for semi auto shotguns and pumps always shorter than double barrel shotguns
    this is a question than has bothered every time i look at one as i found it very hard to get somthing to suit me in the end i bought a benelli and got a plastic shim made up,a new bolt and bought the extended but pad
    the only explanation i can come up with is to keep the gun down in size

and before i get told i know its a stupid reason to take up a thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

I don't know but maybe it's to reduce the weight of the gun:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

56 views and only 1 reply nobody else knows either do they? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Maybe and I'm just taking a guess here it's because a good bit of the gun's mechanics in a side by side and an over and under are behind the trigger(s)and therefore you need a bit of extra length on the stock to cover the whole lot. In pump and a semi nearly all the mechanics are placed in front of the trigger and hence you can get away with a shorter stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

That makes sense

But that destroys people with long arms,when i got the gun first the stock was an inch and a quarter away from my shoulder to make it comfortable to shoot

why would a gun need a shorter stock is this to do ease of mounting it for tactical forces if they have vests and other protection on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Semi autos are generally considered as wildfowlers prefered tool of choice (by most manufactorers) and in light of the fact that it can get bloody cold on the foreshore at 5.30 in the morning the stocks are shorter to accomadate warm bulky clothing.

Hezz

bingo
    Thanks HEZZ

Advertisement