Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP cant play online

Options
  • 08-12-2007 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

does anyone know how to change the NAT settings on ps3. iv already opened the ports they recommend and still no change.

all other games work perfectly its just pro evo. i have netopia router and eircom broadband. is it possible to put ps3 in dmz on this router?

Comments

i have same setup, add me on msn and ill try help ya i should be able to do it, Gilberto-galway@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

i dont have msn. can u get that upnp thing to work. in the router settings it says its turned on but on the ps3 it says unavailable. the only thing i can think of is i havent opened the ports right. basically what i do is put the same number in the three boxes. 80 tcp is one of them so i put 80 in all three boxes and checked the tcp box and called it psn1. i did this for all the other numbers too. make sense?

you mightnt need to necessarily open them i just had them done frm trying to get FIFA working, didnt work after that so just brought it back!!
    just select your router from that page and you'll get the ports for the PSnetwork add them in expert mode in case!!
    http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

so its stuck at NAT 3?...... ok what ya need to do is manually set up a connection.....

click START on your computer desktop then click RUN, type CMD, this will bring up a small black screen, type in IPCONFIG, there you'll get the ''subnet mask'', ''default gateway'' and ''ip address'', you have to assign a separate IP to the PS3.......

in my PS3 setting i set the IP address for my PS3 to 23(i.e 192.168.1.23)
    sebnet mask at 255.255.255.0
    default router, primary DNS and secondary DNS all set to the default gateway my P.C gave me in the CMD place(i.e 192.168.1.254)

then in internet explorer type in your IP address to bring you onto your router box page..... enter expert mode, configure i have Upnp turned off....

in FIREWALL aswell on the main page in expert page put that to LOW from medium, i had all other things done before but with firewall on medium it was still giving me NAT 3!!.....

i'll try the firewall thing. the other problem i have is i have vista on the pc so i cant find run on it but i have already set a seperate ip address for ps3. something like 192.163.1.100 and the ports i opened have that ip address set as host device. i'v also checked that port forward website but i'll have another look. if theres anything else you can thing of let me know but thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

If you turn your firewall off in the router page it should be fine for you (works 9/10 times) otherwise you're not putting in the ports right.

To get to command prompt in vista it's
    Start -> Programmes -> Accessories -> Command Prompt (then right click and select 'Run As Administrator'

• Advertisement

i put firewall on low and got nat2. it works now. thanks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

sorry for digging up an old thread and for being totally useless when it comes to pc's, but how do you get up the settings for your router to set your firewall to low? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

If you're using Eircom, type "192.168.1.254" into your internet browser, which will bring you to the router configuration. On the left hand side, click the firewall settings, and turn it off.

If you're not using Eircom, you need to find out the address of the router you're using, maybe from googling the product name or looking at your manual, and go from there.

Advertisement