Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash issue

Options
  • 09-12-2007 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I have done a simple flash anim.
    I have added it to the main webpage of my website.
    I have also a HTML/CSS based menu on the top.
    The problem, as you can see on the below picture, is that I can't see my menu anymore, because the flash object is hiding it.

flash_issue.JPG

I have checked my flash anim, it is transparent.
    So really I am stuck and I am not sure if there is another property to bring the flash object to the back or?

Anyone knows?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Post your code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

mick.fr wrote: »
    The problem, as you can see on the below picture, is that I can't see my menu anymore, because the flash object is hiding it.

Honestly I can't see the problem cus I don't know what I'm looking at
    axer wrote: »
    Post your code.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Thanks for your feedback guys, dont you see the black menu beneath the white picture?
    With Wireless Solutions. This thing goes beneath instead of being on the top of the flash object, the white area.
    so the question is, is there a way to bring the flash object in the back? A HTML value maybe or ?

Post your code?

Post your code?

I mean no offense but I am not going to post a code that has a commercial value and my question has you may have noticed is: Is there a way (HTML or other) to bring a flash object on the back to be able to render other objects on the top.

• Advertisement

I mean no offense but I am not going to post a code that has a commercial value and my question has you may have noticed is: Is there a way (HTML or other) to bring a flash object on the back to be able to render other objects on the top.
    Good luck trying to stop visitors seeing your valuable html :rolleyes:

It helps to see what type of menu you are using and the html you are currently using to display your flash. Anyway, hopefully someone else can help you. Good luck.

Good luck trying to stop visitors seeing your valuable html :rolleyes:

It helps to see what type of menu you are using and the html you are currently using to display your flash. Anyway, hopefully someone else can help you. Good luck.

No need to be so mean.
    I have gently asked for help, if you don't know the answer, and obviously you do not, that is fair enough, no need to make a whole story about it.

Anyway I just found the answer, I simply needed to add the following code into the flash object insertion section:

Original code
    <embed src="images/mim1.swf" width="768" height="82" quality="high" 

New code
    <embed src="images/mim1.swf" width="768" height="82" quality="high" 
    wmode=transparent

So now the flash object is on the back and other objects can be rendered on the top.

Thanks

if you don't know the answer, and obviously you do not
    Obviously not.

You should consider reading the charter. Specifically no.2.

Obviously not.

You should consider reading the charter. Specifically no.2.

Woua yeah why make things easy when we can make them complicated and post several times instead of gently answering in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

As was said goodluck with the website no one can see :D
    To be honest it probably would have taken 2 to 3 minutes to chop out your bit of code and change a few values so we could see the problem. I had and pretty much have no idea from the image you posted what you were talking about
    It helps to see what type of menu you are using and the html you are currently using to display your flash.

+1
    I have checked my flash anim, it is transparent.
    This to me meant you had set wmode so without seeing your code it makes it very tricky ...
    Woua yeah why make things easy when we can make them complicated and post several times instead of gently answering in the first place.

I agree completely good to see you've come to your senses and should have posted some code in the first place :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement