Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dvd playback

• 09-12-2007 5:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

when playing dvds on my 360 it plays fine but the menu bar keeps poping on every 15mins or so, any1 got any ideas what the problem is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Maybe your controller has a fault in the analog sticks or something and is thinking its being moved, hence the bar coming up.:confused: Never heard of this problem before though.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Haven't tried a DVD in the 360 yet. Do you have to buy a remore control like the original xbox?
    don't think I'll bother anyway - noise coming out of the xbox will ruin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jayteecork wrote: »
    Haven't tried a DVD in the 360 yet. Do you have to buy a remore control like the original xbox?
    don't think I'll bother anyway - noise coming out of the xbox will ruin it.

You don't need a controller and when the 360 is playing a DVD it is dead quiet just like when its on the dashboard menue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It does make noise but its not annoying IMO. The only way I think you'd notice it is if the movie is that bad that your not concentrating on it.

E.G. the girlfriend comes over and puts on a chick flick so after half an hour when your about to kill yourself, you say the fan is too noisey, I can't hear whats going on and you put on Die Hard 4 for the 10th time instead.

I'm having problems with the old man and the bloody 360 fan. My bedroom is right above the TV room and he's shouting up complaining when I turn on the xbox.
    I normally use my laptop for watching DVDs anyway, put it up nice and close beside the bed. Plus you can get DVD players in Argos for 15 euro that are quite as a mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

yeah think its my damn madcats 2nd controller that i got in my argos pack :S it seems to work ok in games but truth be told i never use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

jayteecork wrote: »
    I'm having problems with the old man and the bloody 360 fan. My bedroom is right above the TV room and he's shouting up complaining when I turn on the xbox.
    I normally use my laptop for watching DVDs anyway, put it up nice and close beside the bed. Plus you can get DVD players in Argos for 15 euro that are quite as a mouse.

Yeah but the image quality isn't as good as 360 over VGA. I have a 60 Euro Sony DVD player downstairs and the difference is noticable in quality.

The 360 doesn't make that much noise that you should hear it between floors. Its probably vibrating off something so you should put something underneath it to absorb the vibrations.

You're a genius. I actually have wooden floors so that's it.
    I'll throw a towel under the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

That might restrict air flow if your Xbox is horizontal so I wouldn't if I were you. If it's vertical though you're laughing.

Tis always vertical mate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement