Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Hard Disk on XBMC xbox

Options
  • 09-12-2007 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a soft modded xbox a few months back and i love it but there is only 4Gb free and I want to free up some space. I have a spare 160Gb I want to put into it but obviously that needs to be installed and set up. My question is, how do I set up XBMC from scratch given that I don't have any of the exploits mentioned in other guides.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

What softmod method did you use to mod your XBOX? If you used Krayzie Ndure it should have made an eeprom backup on the XBOX HDD. You need this to install and lock a new HDD in your XBOX.
    There is a program called XBOXHDM 1.9 that you use to build a new HDD. FTP into your XBOX HDD, copy over the C:\ partition and E:\ and EEPROM to correct folder and then build the ISO. If you copy over the whole of E:\ the resulting ISO will be quite large but should fit on DVD.
    Then connect 160GB HDD to PC on Primary Master but powered by XBOX and create new HDD in XBOXHDM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭romperstomper

thanks for the reply but I haven't a clue how he soft modded it, he mentioned changing a jumper and such but i can't remember how exactly. anyway, seeing as its been done once, and as I don't REALLY have anything saved locally on the xbox that i can't get again, how hard would it be for me to set up xbmc from scratch? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

thanks for the reply but I haven't a clue how he soft modded it, he mentioned changing a jumper and such but i can't remember how exactly. anyway, seeing as its been done once, and as I don't REALLY have anything saved locally on the xbox that i can't get again, how hard would it be for me to set up xbmc from scratch? thanks

Sounds like he TSOP flashed it.

This is good news, it means you can just throw the 160GB hdd in and use something like Slayers to set it up for you.

You won't have to mess around with EEPROM stuff unless you use the box on Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭romperstomper

hi, i don't use the xbox live stuff. is sl\ayers easy to use? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

See this website
    http://slayer.xbox-scene.com/
    If you look around the interwebs you should find it to download pretty easy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement