Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox Arcade Question

• 09-12-2007 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi
    I'd like to purchase an XBox Arcade, and was wondering what exactly the TV specifications needed are to run the console. I've been told that I need a certain HZ television etc but I wanted to ask here because I felt if anywhere you guys would know your hardware?

Also, is there a difference in this specification between Arcade and Premium version?

Subsaquently, maybe you'd suggest some titles I can look into purchasing with the system.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any kind of television at all will do. Games will look better on a HD television, but it'll still work fine on your standard CRT television.

The main difference between the Arcade and Premium is that the Premium comes with a hard drive, while the Arcade doesn't. A hard drive is almost essential for most gamers and I'd strongly advise you forget about the arcade and go for the Premium pack.

As for games, it all depends what you're into.
    For shooters, go for Halo 3, Bioshock Call of Duty 4, Gears of War.
    RPGS - Blue Dragon, Oblivion, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect.
    Racing games - Forza 2, Project Gotham 4, Sega Rally.
    Sports - FIFA 2008, Skate, Fight Night Round 3, Top Spin 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea I actually only got around to get bioshock yesterday and its really good! Im looking for a good rpg myself!

I advise going for the premium yes.. cause if you wanted to get the arcade.. Im presuming it comes with a few arcade games soon you will want more and have no space for them? Arcade games are addictive!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

If you have the money go for the Elite but if you go for a Premium make sure it has HDMI. I am sure they all have HDMI by now but you never know:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Further still make sure it has falcon cpu, much quieter and probably more reliable.They are still relatively new to the shops so you may have to go to a retailer whos stock turnover is fairly high, e.g game or gamestop.You can make sure its a falcon by seeing if it runs on 175watts, as opposed to 203 for the older ones.You can see that by looking at the bottom of the box.Not sure if falcons are more common in elite or premium models.By the way i recommend the premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Further still make sure it has falcon cpu, much quieter and probably more reliable.They are still relatively new to the shops so you may have to go to a retailer whos stock turnover is fairly high, e.g game or gamestop.You can make sure its a falcon by seeing if it runs on 175watts, as opposed to 203 for the older ones.You can see that by looking at the bottom of the box.Not sure if falcons are more common in elite or premium models.By the way i recommend the premium

Its not the Falcon cpu that makes them quieter, just cooler, its the new BenQ DVD drives that are in those console make less noise than the standard ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Its not the Falcon cpu that makes them quieter, just cooler, its the new BenQ DVD drives that are in those console make less noise than the standard ones.

I stand corrected.So do all 360's with the falcon cpu, have that BenQ dvd drive??

Advertisement