Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow cook lamb leg..

• 09-12-2007 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Having a couple of folks over today for dinner and was going to slow cook lamb shanks in red wine for about 3 hours. I couldn't get hold of lamb shanks last night though, only a 1kg leg of lamb. Is it safe to slow cook a lamb leg for about 3 hours in the red wine and balsamic vinegar or is more time needed? The lamb may fall apart from the leg i'd imagine which could be a mess. Shanks are ideal in this way.. Don't want to undercook it either..any advice would be helpful...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Hiya - take a look on Delia's website. She cooks a whole leg of lamb in a bottle of beaujolais and I've tried it and it's ftw. Keep the lamb covered with foil throughout cooking. Works a dream.

Advertisement