Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logouts

Options
  • 09-12-2007 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭

Okay, so there's probably nothing you can actually do about this, but on the offchance there is, here goes. I've the same problem as this poster here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055062910&highlight=logout+time but as was suggested in this thread, I am not about to click the 'remember me' button. I've recently moved house, and am now using shared computers. I don't like the idea of any member of my family being able to come here and read absoltuely everything I've written online, and PMs, not to mention the fact that some of them have accounts here too.

I was wondering if there is an option towards having a longer time before the board times out/logs me out. I've checked around my profile nad dont think the option is there, but I could have just missed it. Twice this morning I have written rather long replies and by teh time I have gone to post them, I have been signed out without being able to save what I had written. I have had this problem on another board I frequent, but I was always able to press 'back' and retrieve my message.

Any solutions at all, or do I just need to be more diligent about remembering to save my longer posts?

Advertisement