Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo Car Alarm problem

Options
  • 09-12-2007 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

Can anyone help.

I have a 02 Mondeo which i bought second hand. The Key Fob stopped working yesterday. I changed the battery but it still wont work. I have the car locked with the alarm on and if i open it with the key the alarm will go off. I dont have the code to disable the alarm.

Is there anything i can do apart from bringing it to a ford dealer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

djmurt wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone help.

I have a 02 Mondeo which i bought second hand. The Key Fob stopped working yesterday. I changed the battery but it still wont work. I have the car locked with the alarm on and if i open it with the key the alarm will go off. I dont have the code to disable the alarm.

Is there anything i can do apart from bringing it to a ford dealer.

did you replace the battery with the correct type (cr2032)
    if it is the 3 button remote keyfob?.

using the key should turn the alarm off(factory fitted)

read here to programme the remote.

1. Close all doors to make sure conflicting chimes do not sound during programming.

2. Turn the ignition switch from position I to position II four times within six seconds.

3. Turn the ignition switch to position 0.

4. A chime sounds and an LED in the instrument panel will illuminate to indicate that the learning mode has been accessed and it is possible to program remote transmitters.

5. Within 10 seconds of the previous step, press any button on the remote transmitter being programmed until a chime is heard and the LED flashes. This indicates a new transmitter code has been successfully received.

6. After each successful remote transmitter programming, another 10 second learning mode is automatically entered, up to a maximum of four times.

7. To program additional remote transmitters, repeat step 5.

8. The system will exit the learning mode if the ignition switch is turned to position III, no new remote transmitter is programmed during the 10 seconds or if four remote transmitters have been programmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 djmurt

Thanks for that mondeo man. I reprogrammed the fob by doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

djmurt wrote: »
    Thanks for that mondeo man. I reprogrammed the fob by doing that.

Anytime,glad to help.

Advertisement