Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD ad campaign, I cant stop lauging

Options
  • 09-12-2007 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

http://www.myucd.ie/

Some people might be offended by what I find so funny, but watch some of this and you might figure it out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I wonder does anyone here know any of these people? What forced them to do this

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I heard they were paid to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Ha yeah I know one of them, remember her telling me that at the end of last year

I think they said they were paid and got loads of other free stuff too

I think that Ronan chap is the guy who got 8 A1's in 2006. Not sure though

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I wonder what the advertising standards authority in ireland would think of this?

• Advertisement

Red Alert wrote: »
    I wonder what the advertising standards authority in ireland would think of this?

A lot of it is incorrect. 'You can do anything you want' etc. You cant really, its only 2 modules and places are highly limited and often restricted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Lol,I know Naomi,sound girl so what on earth possesed her to do that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Hmmm, interesting... no mature students...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Jeese, youd think theyd at least get attractive people to front their ad campaign. They (mostly) manage to do that for all the main welcome images on the UCD homepage, why couldnt they do that for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

yeah he is, he's one of the Irish Scholars too.

• Advertisement

boneless wrote: »
    Hmmm, interesting... no mature students...

Its geared for prospective students doing their leaving cert. Theres not gonna be mature students on it for that reason. Theres also 5 girls and only 2 guys, not sure if that was intentional though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Oh God.

Heh heh it's kinda mad, the radio ads are funnier as the sound byte editing is weirdly done, they just took it from those clips.

I know the guy who designed the original Horizons advertising, how i wish he hadn't retired now...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ill take my bastardised degree with my semester in astrophysics, french, archaeology, sports management and accounting and get a job in ......

......eh

.............em

...........................eh

Allied Irish Banks because im not qualified to practice ANYTHING!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Degrees dont make you qualified for anything anyway, the qualification of the professional body you want to join does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

I can definitely see the humour value :D

"I wanted to take up something new... like judo!" (up pop a little judo drawn suit- couldn't stop laughin).

Redeye:

Until the Health and Social Care Professions Act comes into force Radiographers do no have to be a member of any Society to Practice as a Radiographer, they have to have a UCD degree to practice freely in Ireland or have there degree validated.

Degrees dont make you qualified for anything anyway, the qualification of the professional body you want to join does.

you know what i mean

and thanks Steph

Pedantics 0 Steph 1.

What i'm still not getting is why they're calling the whole gimick myucd.ie. Yes personalise it etc but like - do they think incoming college students are like 12?????

I feel like it's vaguely similar to the time I was 12 deciding what secondary school to go to...

I really think

"NOT AN ACTOR"

should be flashing when they talk

• Advertisement

Isn't one of them in Dramsoc?

Oh and how much did Jazzsoc pay to be the main society mentioned - they're in the radio ads and everything.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

hehe i know naomi too... major slagging next time I see her!

Yeah i head the Jazzsoc thing . Man the girl in that add does an awful lot. Where does she find the time with constant continuous assessment?!

I dunno - it magically appears - I should know better than to take on loads of stuff but i still do it.

How I miss how unstressful previous years were...

Speaking of which. I have my finals tomorrow. Ah jaysus and the Judo club are meeting, and my dog is sick and JAzzsoc have a gig on that im running.

Jesus really chose to be born at an inconsiderate time .

Heh heh.

Tuesday be my D day. If I have to see one more tumour today I may lose it. Pity the entire module is about them then.......

Personally I'd like to see myucd have my exams in more considerate locations for me. This is myucd. My bedroom as an exam venue anyone??? I'll supply chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

9 Actually- sound lad- he's living in the Irish house on campus and hates people bringing myucd up.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Oh and how much did Jazzsoc pay to be the main society mentioned - they're in the radio ads and everything.....

Clearly, it's because JazzSoc has "an exceptional reputation in the market as a dynamic and reputable society who can deliver when you need it". Or something.

none of the societies paid to be mentioned, of that Im certain.

My understanding is that the people in the ads are UCD students and are in fact involved in the things they claim to be in, and a good few are mentioned.

• Advertisement

9 Actually- sound lad- he's living in the Irish house on campus and hates people bringing myucd up.....
    how did he get involved. Was it advertised and he applied or was he approached by someone from the university?

Advertisement