Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD ad campaign, I cant stop lauging

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

the whole website...the stuffs come up when they speak...the video editing...it is very obvious they put money on that...look fancy but that makes it looks really commercial(shouting 'buy me buy me buy me' in my brain when i watched)...who would really believe that cr*p??:p another failure i guess...but i think it is meant to attract new students......*sigh*...i prefer they are rather spending money on others right stuffs tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

ugh

cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

how did he get involved. Was it advertised and he applied or was he approached by someone from the university?

I would say they picked the students with a high gpa and also get involved in extra cirruclar activities to enhance the image of the college. They werent gonna pick wasters. Some of these people may even be on scholarships, i would say this applies to ronan due to his excellent results in the lc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Afaik they're UCD ambassadors also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I would say they picked the students with a high gpa and also get involved in extra cirruclar activities to enhance the image of the college. They werent gonna pick wasters. Some of these people may even be on scholarships, i would say this applies to ronan due to his excellent results in the lc
    Do you think that is an informative post/answer?
    From watching the ad anyone can easily deduce why they used the people they did (which are fairly obvious reasons); that doesnt add any clarity on whether the students sought to be involved or the university approached certain students.

Compare it to Scraggs post, she too is speculating but she has added value to the discussion my mentioning UCD Ambassadors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

And yet yours is so much better......

He gave a good reasonable argument and you, you pointed out you didn't think it was great and how scraggs' was better.

Now was yours an informative/ helpful post???

And i'd agree with scraggs - more than likely they are ambassadors - makes sense to use them, I know one of them is at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

From watching the ad anyone can easily deduce why they used the people they did (which are fairly obvious reasons); that doesnt add any clarity on whether the students sought to be involved or the university approached certain students.

Compare it to Scraggs post, she too is speculating but she has added value to the discussion my mentioning UCD Ambassadors.

Note post to which you reply is indeed speculating that the students were approached by UCD. The poster opened:
    I'd say they picked

Not that that is of any relevance:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

I must mention to Naomi that she made us meds seem like awful people. I wonder how much money is needed to make people give up their dignity like that?

Also, i like how they gave the students little icons that looked nothing like them and made them all look like Rosanna Davison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭imarugbyball

I think that Ronan chap is the guy who got 8 A1's in 2006. Not sure though

Yeah i thought that as well. God it's some gay website all the same tho!]

Such a shamer doing it.

Pretty hilliarious, good find.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Ha is it just me or is everyone getting very tetchy these days on the forum ...hmm I wonder why. Anyway thought we discussed myUcd already and decided it was a crock of ****. I don't blame the people who did it bet the money was good. Er, what kind of surgery is the medical student doing now....? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The drawings make people look much better looking than they actually are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

Its geared for prospective students doing their leaving cert. Theres not gonna be mature students on it for that reason. Theres also 5 girls and only 2 guys, not sure if that was intentional though

They were girls?

Ah that was a bit harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

Ah that was a bit harsh.

I am like the russian police, harsh, harsh but fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I think that Ronan chap is the guy who got 8 A1's in 2006. Not sure though

I think it was 9... I remember when he came into engineering... everyone in the orientation groups were like "did you see the 900 pointer...". He's really nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

gubbie wrote: »
    I think it was 9... I remember when he came into engineering... everyone in the orientation groups were like "did you see the 900 pointer...". He's really nice :)

yes it was 9 and i can pm you his number if u want it gubbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭caridee2

oh. my. god.

would LOVE to know what they got paid to do that! or where the horizons people even found them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

yes it was 9 and i can pm you his number if u want it gubbie

OY!
    Ha ha I was an orientation guide with him this year and if I wanted his number I'd just go up and get it! (plus I'm not a cradle snatcher-it looks wierd, my wrinkly skin is getting even older)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Jam400

Jaysus the cartoon versions of them birds where well deceiving!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

yeah he is, he's one of the Irish Scholars too.

Yeah he is... great guy! Worked with him during the summer, came out with some fab useless bits of info for us at lunch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Flashy websites? Arts students in engineering lectures? I tell ya in my day it was all different! And I only graduated in 2005 :-( (though I feel seriously old coming back here now - I'm only posting in this thread as its the only one which people I know have posted on!). Great to see all the new names though, and now I'm going to back slowly out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I lost it during Bronagh playing tennis.

Also when the hell did Duke Special and the Frames play? :confused:

One would say a rather long time ago. I think it may have been the UCD ball, though I'm open to correction.

The balls used be a lot better - sure Ash played the freshers ball 04/05 - *sigh* not half as cool these days the freshers ball.

And now i feel truly old that I remember that far back.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Blondie83;s back! Now there's a blast from the past :D

I know!

It's faboo - like old times, now all we need is blush, seb and hulla and of course monsieur the singing stranger.

It's so lonely these days.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

Brimmy wrote: »
    I lost it during Bronagh playing tennis.

Also when the hell did Duke Special and the Frames play? :confused:

I don't think they've played in UCD for at least four or five years, at the very least.

You just reminded me of a funny thing that happened when I was in first year. One of the lads who was running for ents, came into my English lecture to give his spiel before it started. He laid into it in that shouting, confident, counting-the-points-on-his-fingers speech way they do, you know; "SORRY FOLKS, I'LL JUST TAKE A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME, I'M RUNNING FOR ENTS, IT'S BEEN A SHAM THIS YEAR, WE NEED MORE EVENTS, MORE GIGS, MORE MONEY BLAH BLAH BLAH ETC...VOTE FOR ME", the usual stuff, but then he went off the beaten track, and had a go at the student bar facilities. He was really building up momentum and getting excited, it was like a battle speech, it went something like this:

"WE'RE THE BIGGEST COLLEGE IN IRELAND AND OUR MAIN VENUE ISN'T UP TO STANDARD, THE PA IN THE STUDENT BAR ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH, THE SOUND ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH, WE NEED TO GET NEW GEAR FOR THE BAR, AND I WILL MAKE SURE WE DO. AS IT IS, WE HAVE BIG BANDS LIKE THE FRAMES TURNING DOWN GIGS IN UCD BECAUSE THE SOUND ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH."

So far he was doing well, it's a good point and all. But then he made a fatal mistake, I don't really know if he was expecting everyone to stand up and roar with him or something, but he put it to the crowd:

"WHAT DO WE SAY TO THAT?"

And somebody shouted from the back,

"FÚCK THE FRAMES!"

My sentiments exactly!

It was pretty funny, maybe you had to be there though...

Anyway, on topic: lets just presume I've said some unforgiveably offensive things about that ad and the people in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I don't think they've played in UCD for at least four or five years, at the very least.

You just reminded me of a funny thing that happened when I was in first year. One of the lads who was running for ents, came into my English lecture to give his spiel before it started. He laid into it in that shouting, confident, counting-the-points-on-his-fingers speech way they do, you know; "SORRY FOLKS, I'LL JUST TAKE A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME, I'M RUNNING FOR ENTS, IT'S BEEN A SHAM THIS YEAR, WE NEED MORE EVENTS, MORE GIGS, MORE MONEY BLAH BLAH BLAH ETC...VOTE FOR ME", the usual stuff, but then he went off the beaten track, and had a go at the student bar facilities. He was really building up momentum and getting excited, it was like a battle speech, it went something like this:

"WE'RE THE BIGGEST COLLEGE IN IRELAND AND OUR MAIN VENUE ISN'T UP TO STANDARD, THE PA IN THE STUDENT BAR ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH, THE SOUND ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH, WE NEED TO GET NEW GEAR FOR THE BAR, AND I WILL MAKE SURE WE DO. AS IT IS, WE HAVE BIG BANDS LIKE THE FRAMES TURNING DOWN GIGS IN UCD BECAUSE THE SOUND ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH."

So far he was doing well, it's a good point and all. But then he made a fatal mistake, I don't really know if he was expecting everyone to stand up and roar with him or something, but he put it to the crowd:

"WHAT DO WE SAY TO THAT?"

And somebody shouted from the back,

"FÚCK THE FRAMES!"

My sentiments exactly!

It was pretty funny, maybe you had to be there though...

Anyway, on topic: lets just presume I've said some unforgiveably offensive things about that ad and the people in it.

LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Its Christmas Day lads, eat some turkey, forget about your college for a few hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

Its Christmas Day lads, eat some turkey, forget about your college for a few hours

So what's your excuse?

Advertisement