Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with LC accountz.....

Options
  • 09-12-2007 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

hey...

can anyone help me .... im a repeat leaving cert and i failed accountz last yr..... now i hav da mockz comin up and i havent a clue how to study for accountz..... worst of all i hav no class this yr so i am ABSLOLUTLY screwed....

wud be grateful for any hintz r help...:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Accounting you mean?
    Get a method and learn it off...that's what I have to do. I'm repeating and got a D3 last year coz I gave up on it. Nailing it in the head this time around coz I just sat down and learned the skeleton and a method...
    Are you doing Q1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

ye i reckon that i shud... coz i cud nearly pass on just doin that one.... and itz much more predictable than q 2 or 3.... ya see we did learn it off last yr but they put on different kind of questions and it threw me rite of and i left da exam within an hour.... so i hope dat doesnt happen dis yr too....

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Keep doing exam questions over and over. Doing questions is the only way you can study for this subject. Also Q5 is always the same. It's on ratios. You have to do is learn off a number of formulas (there are a few sneaky questions though). Second part of the question is theory but the questions are always repeated. Just look at sample answers down through the years and learn them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Is 'z' quicker to type than 's' these days?

;)

As mentioned, exam questions and more exam questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

how did you get on in english?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

I gotz on eggsellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

hehe.... ah i done pass and got a b1...... but tanx for da help guyz..... did ya teacherz giv yaz any hintz of wat mite cum up dis yr yet.... yano da way sum teacherz predict paperz and der nearly alwayz rite......:)

You can't predict exactly what is coming up.

Look, at this stage in the year there's no point gambling on whats coming up. You have loads of time. I reccommend you practise Q1s (Specifically Manufacturing which is due up iirc, but don't take that verbatim) And then your managerial accounting is either Cash Budgeting or....the other one!

Basically, you have time, use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

cson wrote: »
    I gotz on eggsellent.

haha,nice one man:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

cson wrote: »
    You can't predict exactly what is coming up.

Look, at this stage in the year there's no point gambling on whats coming up. You have loads of time. I reccommend you practise Q1s (Specifically Manufacturing which is due up iirc, but don't take that verbatim) And then your managerial accounting is either Cash Budgeting or....the other one!

Basically, you have time, use it.

Not Cash Budgeting, just budgeting. Cash budgeting came up last year!
    For the Financial section we are doing, Budgeting, Marginal Costing and Flexible Budgeting and that's it.
    Ratios are always on(but I hate them so I ain't doing them). Our teacher is guessing Suspense and Company Accounts but we are also dong Tabular Statements.
    And of course Q1...last year I did the 60 marks in Section 1(it was against my teacher's religion but I'm stubborn). But she is the one laughing now so I advise everyone to DO QUESTION ONE!!!

• Advertisement

Yer, question 1 is easy enough to nail imo.

No brainer.

Advertisement