Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Kevin Street Library the only one closing early

Options
  • 09-12-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

We were told this week, about a month before my final exams, that the Kevin Street library will close at 5 every day from January. Which is a complete ****ing disaster. A friend of mine in Bolton St says he hasn't heard anything yet. So I'm just wondering is it just Kevin Street or are all the DIT libraries closing. I can't imagine Aungier Street library fitting enough students to cover both colleges, but just wondering. It would seem odd to only close one, but hardly surprising giving DIT's lack of organisation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

What? So how are we meant to get our hands on books for reading up on after hours? Thats ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Its the same in all the libraries:

http://www.dit.ie/DIT/library/az/hours/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

It turns out its only closing early from January 2nd to 5th, our head of our department just told us. Apparently he asked the head of the library.Thank ****! Stupid student union told us they were closing early permanently. Too busy giving themselves free drink and meals out of our capitation fees instead of getting important facts straight - they were handing around petitions and everything. The big poster is still up beside the canteen - as I write this, they probably still think its closing early forever - you'd think someone would have thought to ask the head of the library.Best student union in the country me hole!!

Note: that link above confirms this.

JANUARY 2008

Wednesday 2nd

LIBRARIES RE-OPEN

Monday 7th

FULL HOURS RESUME

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

It turns out its only closing early from January 2nd to 5th, our head of our department just told us. Apparently he asked the head of the library.

Not according to the link on the library site and not according to how its been done every other year. I wouldn't take it 2nd hand, ask the library yourself.

According the website Friday 14th of December is the last day of full hours. That means that from Saturday December 15th until Friday December 21st and from Wednesday 2nd until Monday 7th of January, out of term hours apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

BC wrote: »
    Not according to the link on the library site and not according to how its been done every other year. I wouldn't take it 2nd hand, ask the library yourself.

According the website Friday 14th of December is the last day of full hours. That means that from Saturday December 15th until Friday December 21st and from Wednesday 2nd until Monday 7th of January, out of term hours apply.

That's what I said - its only closing early from the 2nd to the 7th - well I said 2nd to the 5th, but 6th and 7th are a weekend so it will be same as normal. The student union had been telling us it was closing early every day in January.

• Advertisement
Advertisement