Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wearing high heels

• 09-12-2007 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Is it true that if you don't start wearing heels when you're young you will never be able to comfortably wear them? I'm only 26 btw.

I'm quite tall so I never usually wear shoes with heels >2 inches or so, but I got these gorgeous Red or Dead shoes with 4" heels for my work xmas party and even with those gel inserts for the ball of your foot, I was in PAIN. I have some Irregular choice wedge heeled mary janes which are about the same height and I also find them uncomfortable to walk in.

Is it a case of persevering or can some of ye just not wear heels?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I'm 19 and I can't quite get the hang of really high heels myself!
    If they don't have straps or anything I end up walking out of them :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm 19 and I can't quite get the hang of really high heels myself!
    If they don't have straps or anything I end up walking out of them :o

Same here, I can wear heels with no straps but find they fall off my feet a bit when i'm walking lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Same here. I can't wear strapless ones at all and with high-heeled shoes that don't slip off, my feet are soon in agony anyways. They're a cod tbh and the problem is that not wearing heels means most shoes in shops are out of the question. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

I LOVE shoes but I just can't wear high heels...i have some smaller heels that i love and find ok to walk in but anything higher is just agony...I saw some gorgeous irregular choice black and gold shoes in schuh and i really wanted them but my feel were almost completely on tip toes and i knew i would find it too sore. Ive never heard anything about you have to start young though? does anyone else know if this is true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Well if you wear high heels a lot the muscles in your calves shorten to compensate for your altered posture. I'd imagine it gets harder to train these muscles the older you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i used to be able to wear heels no problem. dont know if this was because i used to wear high enough shoes to school (it was easy! dunno how i did it). couldnt wear heels for about a yr because of a thing with my leg & now i find them pratically impossible to wear for any length of time without pain (from the height, not the leg problem). its so annoying because im small & used to love my heels! & most pretty shoes are heeled. and heels look nicer with dresses/skirts/anything that shows leg..

so i dont know if was able to wear them cause i started young or just cause i was used to them. maybe if you wear them on a regular basis (like to work or something) you would get more used to them? although wearing heels to work is just annoying, running for a bus just doesnt work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I hate high heels without straps, no matter how well they fit my heels will inevitably fall out of them so I look like a state when I try to walk in them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I think it's true. I never wore heels as a kick, always flats, and always wished I could but Im a disaster1 bought a smashing pair of real high t-bars in San Fran a few years ago, wishfully thinking I'd master them, but no. They look at me form the cupboard and I wish I could but it's agony!!

Advertisement