Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help please!

Options
  • 09-12-2007 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

I will be moving to Australia in the New Year and am in a panic. I only have a provisional license and will need to have a full irish license to transfer over for a full license in Australia. I will be very badly stuck if I can't drive in Australia, living in an area where a car is nessessary. Need to bring kids to school etc etc. I have applied for a test and have asked for a cancellation date and have explained my circumstances.

Is it wishful thinking on my behalf but will the driving tester know about my circumstances and be lenient in my case seeing as I'm leaving the country. Is there anything that can be done? Any suggestions would be very very appreciated as I'm panic stricken at the moment.

Thanks

Ps: I have taken 2 tests previously and failed. Im an excellent driver but the nerves get to me on the tests!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

prob not, thats an excuse as far as i see it, the best thing to do is get lessons and ask the instructor to continuesly give you mock lessons, if you fail, theres some penelty for you!

btw, no one in the world is an excellent driver......no-one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ashie

Sorry, what do you mean by "thats an excuse"??!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Depending on where in Australia you're planning on moving it's not as simple as swapping your full Irish licence for a full Australian licence. For example if you've not held your full Irish licence for three years, when applying for a NSW licence then you'll be slotted into the appropriate spot in the provisional licence scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

timmywex wrote: »
    prob not, thats an excuse as far as i see it, the best thing to do is get lessons and ask the instructor to continuesly give you mock lessons, if you fail, theres some penelty for you!

btw, no one in the world is an excellent driver......no-one.

I think messer's schumacher and hamilton may disagree with that opinion:D

Why not just get your licence when you get to oz? If your moving there permanently. Having just based, (only barely!) i can understand you getting nervous, but i have to say, that's not what made me make the mistakes that led to the faults, building up bad habits and just forgetting during the test is why i got the faults i did, and not the nerves. Like the man said, keep getting mock tests with an instructor, only got one such lesson with an instructor and it was on the morning of the test, better prep than all the other lessons put together.

I think your prob under the illusion that your not making the same mistakes while driving everyday as you do under test conditions, after all, there's is no one in the car marking you when your dropping the kids to school.

Advertisement