Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in Waterford

• 09-12-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

Hi Im looking for a good hotel with wifi, leisure centre and ideally on the Ferry Bank side of Waterford

I know the Fitzwilton is nice but NO pool yet :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

tech wrote: »
    Hi Im looking for a good hotel with wifi, leisure centre and ideally on the Ferry Bank side of Waterford

the tower hotel is as close as your goin to get to ferrybank that has a leisure centre in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

is there any good hotel across the bridge , the Towers is a bit dated now. Not very nice rooms there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

nope sorry...ateneam house has no leisure centre....nice views though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

tech wrote: »

theres a special offer on the fitzwilton at the moment. check out bargain alerts or www.dghotels.com (i think)... from as little as €9 per night.. god i sound like an advertisment for them :D

has anybody stayed in the fitzwilton.. more specfically the self catering apartments.
    is it nice?
    thinking of staying there over christmas..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Where is the Fitzwilton? I've heard mention of it a few times in the past week, but I have no idea where it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

its on bridge street where the metropole used to be, just below the tax office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

the nearest decent hotels on the ferrybank side of waterford are probably the burlington or the radission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

I take it your reffering to Dublin hotel there! :(

The Fitxwilton is across from the Days hotel, over towards to Diageo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

to answer the op's question there is none in ferrybank with all the amenities they are looking for the nearest would be the tower hotel which is on the quay and only a few minutes from ferrybank.decent leasure centre . know they have internet access but not sure about wifi. if your coming from cork "tech" wouldnt it just be handier to stay this side anyway ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

well afink the nearest hotel to waterford on the Ferrybank side is The Rhu Glenn Hotel & Conutry Club but they don't have a leisure centre or WiFi that I know of so yeah the Tower is probably your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

its on bridge street where the metropole used to be, just below the tax office.

Oh, yeah. I know the place but don't seem to have taken any notice of its name.

Advertisement