Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

standard bechmark scores

Options
  • 09-12-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭

Anybody keep any of the scores they did when their systems were still standard?
    Just downloaded super pi and 3dmark06, wondering what a good score for a standard system is?
    I was going to try the auto overclock utility on my MSI board and see if it does any good, is there any point?

sys spec is e6700, 2Gb ram, 80G ide, 500G sata, 7900GTO

Although at the moment im listening to Leonard Cohen, downloading on limewire, downloading 3dmark, posting here and playing supreme commander so it seems fast enough at the mo:)

just something to do on a rainy windy sun!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

3d Mark isn't really a great indication of your actual PC's performance but is good for testing your machine against others with similar hardware etc and of course monitoring the difference any overclocks/tweaks bring. Different cards can also give you impressive scores that are not mirrored in game performance.

I reckon you should get 5.5-6k roughly with all that at stock, which is good enough for an 'average' machine. And by average, I mean in the sense of an average decent gaming machine, not your day to day PC in the home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

good call Havok

But there are thousands of people out there with the same basic hardware, who are a good bit down on me, whats the story with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bigchrome

They're noobs;) You seem to be doing pretty well! Now OC it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

tried it at 3.2GHz ran 3dmark fine but it wouldnt submit my results...ill try again tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

was bored yesterday and ran 3dmark06, got 11,800. not bad methinks

• Advertisement
Advertisement