Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

check this out

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Anemone

Mossy, I'm reliably getting 30+ mbit speeds here (Ballinroad). By any chance is you LAN (between the cable modem & the PC) running at 10 mbit instead of 100 mbit?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

WiFi is a real bottle neck too. It runs at about 1/3 of stated speed, if one user. Much less if multiple WiFi users, even if the others are not using Internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Anemone wrote: »
    Mossy, I'm reliably getting 30+ mbit speeds here (Ballinroad). By any chance is you LAN (between the cable modem & the PC) running at 10 mbit instead of 100 mbit?

Interesting. I will need to investigate when I get home. Will connect the modem directly into the PC and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

214783537.png

This is my digiweb broadband test, its acceptable cause im paying for a 3mb
    it's €29.99 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

My results with Westnet,(via a group scheme) paying for 1Mb which slows to 512 after about 20 seconds, nice for web pages, pain for downloading anything big............Still its a great service where the only competition to them is Three and Vodafone.

Very good pings and only ever had it go down once in 6 months, it was back up within 3 hours.

I still long for my 20Mb connection I had in the UK..............one day again maybe............

214794742.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Anemone wrote: »
    By any chance is you LAN (between the cable modem & the PC) running at 10 mbit instead of 100 mbit?

My LAN is connected at 100 Mbps. They must be testing or something. Still getting a 10 meg connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ihateardmore

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I often wondered how far they would let you go. I download 200 to 300 gigs a month. Good to know what you were told :) Now if only they would upgrade the upload.

500Gb, 300Gb, 200Gb - your a bunch a selfish assholes. Its due to people like you that caps get put in place. Casey Cablesurf is a role model for the country and could do without tosspots raping it. I hope that someone reads this and cuts ye off.

I know that I'm talking to brick walls here so I don't expect a reasonable debate hence will not bother trying. But it has to be said.

I can hear the flamethrowers being lit in Dungarvan right now ha ha...

IHA.

Advertisement