Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Phono Connectors

• 09-12-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭

I have a HiFi with one audio channel in.

This is just your standard red/white phono connection.

I want to know if I can get an adapter so I could plug two sources into this instead of having to swap around all the time.
    One is for TV/XBOX and the other is for laptop/mp3 player.

So basically I would have two red phonos going into an adapter into the back of my stereo and same for white.

Anyone know if this is possible and if it is what's the story with say TV and mp3 player feeding sound into it at the same time or should I only use one at a time?

Any advice appreciated...

Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Cheers Brian but I was looking for something a little smaller and cheaper along these lines (found it on komplett.com). If the mini jack was a phono it'd be perfect, I'd just get two of them.
    http://www.komplett.ie/img/p/200/110343.jpg

They'll work aswell ,but the quality won't be as good.

Any sort of hum or output from a source not being used ,will cut the live source in half. Basically don't expect too much from them ,they might be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

_Brian_ wrote: »

thats waaaaaay too elaborate for what you want to do...

44059i0.jpg

maplin and any other half decent electronics shop should have these. only a couple of euro for them. you will get interference if both of them are switched on.

1130_thumb.jpg

or this (or something similar) will do the job as well and it has a switch.

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Cheers lads, that's what I was looking for Moe, I'll only really be using one at a time anyway I suppose.
    I tried Maplin before and I couldn't find one but I'll ask the staff next time I'm there.

• Advertisement

Peats have the RCA splitters for 2 euro http://www.peats.ie

I can't find a direct link ,their website is linkproof:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

I know this might be too late...But Peats have a manual A/v input switch. I've used one and they are deadly. And really neat.

3 Way A/V Input Box
    41GGCSMALL.jpg

3-Way Audio Video Input box. This compact box allows easy connection of up to three input sources for both video and stereo audio to one input source such as a TV or video/DVD-R. E35.00

Advertisement