Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Release Date 29th Feb?

• 09-12-2007 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭

On cdwow.com the release date is 29th Feb, AFAIK it's not official but lets hope anyway...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

oh god if thats true, its brilliant i was expecting april or may. *Checks calander to see if its a leap year*, yes well hopefully its true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if half life 2 has taught me anything, it is not to get excited about release dates until the game goes gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

its listed as 04/04/08 on play.com and some other sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Cremo wrote: »
    if half life 2 has taught me anything, it is not to get excited about release dates until the game goes gold.
    Was the GTA source code stolen as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

April 30th on Amazon, don't believe any of them. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

tis all specuation i'd say lads cos there's no confirmation yet, i'll get excited when it goes gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 -ali-m

its going to be released February - April, 2008

considering it was scheduled for october i wouldnt be surprised if it came out soon....it must have been nearly completed by then. even by january it will be 3 mths after its origional release date, wouldnt be surprised to see it out then!.

need this game, you can always rely on GTA, missions alone take near 20hrs to complete, no other game offers value for money
    most games have play time of 6-8hrs!!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

kaimera wrote: »
    Was the GTA source code stolen as well?
    i didn't mean it like that,

half life 2 was announced like 3 months before they were going to ship it. when the source code was stolen, it showed the game wasn't up to scratch and there was no way it would of been ready for gold status, so the delay was inevitable.

i got so excited about hl2 as hl1 was and probably still is my favourite game with gta close behind so i'm just not getting my hopes up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i doubt it'll be feb, and yesterday i would have bet money on it being pushed back as far as christmas next year (to maximise profits), but today the head of r* became a big wig at t2, and t2 reported that basically they're up sh1ts creek without a paddle. their only hope of survival is gta. they can't financially hold out until next christmas, even if christmas meant more money for them. their only hope is to release asap, and then get extra money at christmas from special offers and maybe the first of that 360 exclusive DLC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Hanson

Well, I've heard so many different things now I dont know what to believe! I'll pre-book it in Xtra vision, no matter what day its out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

All these websites are guessing at the moment. CDwow are probably trying to pull a fast one by tricking people into pre-ordering with them instead of play.com who have a later date stated.

Official release date will be announced by Rockstar

i doubt it'll be feb, and yesterday i would have bet money on it being pushed back as far as christmas next year (to maximise profits), but today the head of r* became a big wig at t2, and t2 reported that basically they're up sh1ts creek without a paddle. their only hope of survival is gta. they can't financially hold out until next christmas, even if christmas meant more money for them. their only hope is to release asap, and then get extra money at christmas from special offers and maybe the first of that 360 exclusive DLC

i dont think bringing it out at xmas would change anything for a game like GTA, how many ppl will buy it for an xmas release but not a mid-year?.... not many, will be bought over a wider spectrum but sales will be near identical!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Lads don't panic, whatever happens, it'll be out in the next 0-5 years, guaranteed!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Don1 wrote: »
    Lads don't panic, whatever happens, it'll be out in the next 0-5 years, guaranteed!!!! :rolleyes:
    GTA or Duke Nukem? :D:p

Advertisement