Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas tree prices

Options
  • 09-12-2007 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Is there average prices for christmas trees ? ,just paid €60 for one in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

that seems like a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

:( ,I thought so ,it's about 8ft high x 4ft wide at the bottom.

I was expecting about €40 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Just paid €35 for the much the same size - Carlow town.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

In previous years B&Q have had good prices, about €30 - haven't got mine yet this year so not sure what their prices are like this year.

Where abouts did you pay €60?

jimogr wrote: »
    In previous years B&Q have had good prices, about €30 - haven't got mine yet this year so not sure what their prices are like this year.

Where abouts did you pay €60?

Glasnevin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I paid €40 for a 7.5 foot tree in Kilkenny last week.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

saw one's in Waterford in one shop for 40e which included home delivery

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

25 Euro down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Paid 30 for one from local garden centre. He dropped it up to house for free also. So that was handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

€28.99 for a 6 x 3 in Atlantic Homecare :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Christmas trees are graded according to standard, usually 3 levels: Premium, Standard and Unclassified. Depends on the shape of the tree - they don't just grow perfectly, they have to be shaped and budded and stuff.
    Then you have different size trees in each grade too....

Most average trees this year are around the €40 mark, smaller ones are from about €30 and up to maybe €100 or so for large (10-12') premium....

I got a lovely standard grade tree, 7.5-8' for €40 in Kilkenny... preferred it to the premium grade (personal taste) for my home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

_Brian_ wrote: »
    Is there average prices for christmas trees ? ,just paid €60 for one in Dublin.

Wow you got ripped off . :(

drdre wrote: »
    Wow you got ripped off . :(
    Erm, in case you haven't read the post just above yours, there can be a range of prices.... €60 might not be dear if the tree is a large premium grade.... all depends on the quality and size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Licksy wrote: »
    Erm, in case you haven't read the post just above yours, there can be a range of prices.... €60 might not be dear if the tree is a large premium grade.... all depends on the quality and size.

Ah i missed that bit,Sorry ;)

It 'sounds a bit dear' from his description of 8' x 4' but not exactly easy to tell the quality from here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Licksy wrote: »
    Christmas trees are graded according to standard, usually 3 levels: Premium, Standard and Unclassified.
    Good grief. Whatever happened to pikeys at the side of the road?

The tree we got was a monster of a yoke ,it is actually nearer the 10Ft size and about 5ft wide.

Judging by the posts about different grades ,I'm happy enough with what I got:).

• Registered Users Posts: 65,436 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

We always go for big trees (9'x5') of a good shape. We're quite picky when it comes to Christmas trees :)

Typically, we've been paying €40-€45 over the last 5 years or so. Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Got ours in a pretty good local garden centre in Cork for 40. The man there said the ones under 5 feet were 30, the medium ones were 40, and the tallest ones were more expensive. (I didn't hear the top price as I was busy being chased by a dog.) I thought 40 was grand, especially as the man made sure the tree fit our stand, wrapped it in netting, and helped put it on top of the car. (Well he tried!!)

I remember getting them for 20 when I was a child and thinking that was expensive! (And I'm not that old!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

40 quid in kiltipper

• Advertisement
Advertisement