Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomend some games for my HTPC

Options
  • 09-12-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Looking for suggestions for games that are good fun, easy for a non-gamer to enjoy and that can be played with hand controllers like the PS2's

Oldschool, low spec is good, but the system will be able to play most modern titles with reasonable quaity.

I guess I'm looking for recomendations for three different types actually:

LAN games
    Games that can be played with a controller, maybe in a 2player split screen deal
    Keyboard games that are good fun for people to play (MAME works well for this)

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

don't think there are any games for PC that support multiplayer split screen.

I have a fairly high spec HTPC and use it for games such as:

Racing: ToCA 3, Flatout 2, DiRT, NFS:PS, Sega Rally Revo, Outrun 2006.. etc

Platform: PoP series, Tomb Raider series, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Psychonauts

Sports: Tiger Woods PGA Tour, NBA, NHL (good for multiplayer and don't require a split screen)

Other: Worms Mayhem, Worms Armageddon

But there really has been a drought of good controller based games of late. With games like Drakes fortune and Ratchet and Clank making me consider whether I should get a PS3 or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Get Mame32 emulator and gamex front end (this integrates with MCE) .. Rtype on a 42LCD has to be seen to be believed..

Have to get Daytona working next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

MASHED is worth a look for some Micro Machines style gameplay.

If I were you, I'd stick a few emulators on that bad boy and play some stuff like Mario Kart, Bomberman, Micros Machines...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I probably should have clarified that I already have the emulators going thru GameX, good craic, but it would be nice to have something a bit more modern to add to it.

Ill lookup mashed tho.....
    aidankk wrote:
    Have to get Daytona working next...

Off the top of my head, it used encrypted ROMS so it might not happen. Or at least it wont be reliable or fully playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Mame 117 plus plus AND Street fighter III = online fun

0019.png
    bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

this thread remind me of NBA street...wonder if they released on pc?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

more I think about it, its pretty ironic that the most suited games are console ones!

I wonder if we'll see a shift as time goes on. LAN is great, but not really suited to most social settings, unless all of the computers are in the same room.

how about half life 2 using the wimote from the wii.. There is a load of good games that can be played using the wimote..

WOOOWWWW, just seen a youtube of a guy playing house of the dead3 on a pc with a wimote and nunchuck on a 42" screen..

This looks amazing im going to try and set it up and see how it goes.

Advertisement