Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gyms near douglas

Options
  • 09-12-2007 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

whats the nearest gym to douglas in cork, I may be working in rigaskiddy soon and live in douglas as this is the handiest place to live if working in rigaskiddy but I would also like a gym nearby as I would like to go before work in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The gym in the Rochestown Park Hotel is very near Douglas and is well equipped, lots to treadmills, weight machines and they even moved the free weight pumpin' beef cakes into a room of their very own so they don't bother us puny mere mortals :D

They also have a pool (not good for doing lengths though), sauna, steam room & jacuzzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Think there's a gym in Donnybrook as well somewhere over the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭julesrtc

Carrigaline Court Hotel or Fernhill just off ringaskiddy road?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

Rochestown Park Hotel is $$$ whereas the Carrigaline Court hotel has similar facilities but cheaper. Go along to both and ask to try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

The Maryborough House Hotel gym is by far the best gym in Douglas, uses top of the range Technogym equipment, membership kept low so no queuing for anything. Only downside is the price, that assures the membership is kept low! It's worth it though if you are going to go to the gym five days a week, but not worth it if you are an occasional visitor. Rochestown Park tends to be very overcrowded, particularly in evenings, and doesn't have great equipment when compared to the Maryborough, so be prepared to queue there for equipment. Carrigaline Court gym also gets very busy, huge membership, so again you will be queuing there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Fitness Works look for Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

razorblunt wrote: »
    Think there's a gym in Donnybrook as well somewhere over the bridge.
    fastrac wrote: »
    Fitness Works look for Colm

It's in an old mill by the looks of it, across the way from the Maxol garage/Christy's Floors in Donnybrook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

Theres a gym in Donnybrook, I think its in the business park across road from suzuki garage. Oh and theres a gym in nemo on Douglas Road

Advertisement