Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claim to lame

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cool_CM wrote: »
    I told glen hansard he was a c*nt to his face whilst in the brog, it was great

Legend!

I'd love to do that......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Mine are really crap haha:-

I was brought into Stephen Gatelys (from Boyzone) house by his mother when I was about 14 for a cup of tea, we (friends and I) had just knocked on the door (down Seville Place in Dublin) hoping to see Gr. Gately himself! She made his little bother walk us back to the station coz she thought we'd get mugged!

My cousins husband owns/runs hotel in Germany. Tom Cruise & Family stayed there for three months recently when they were shooting some film (a film where Cruise had to march, apparently, as he was practicing the march in recption of hotel alot!) Him & his wife and baby were supposedly really nice to deal with. She was apparently, "really beautiful and tall" but my cousin said she was so scared she'd fall because of the extremely high heels she was always teetering on whilst holding the baby. Very glam. The hotel had to lay new carpets, curtains & furniture before Cruises arrival (at their request) and I think it was worth abotu 3m to the hotel. The wife (forget her name?) wasn't allowed to go anywhere alone.

I'm told I'm a far out relative of Mrs. Doyle (Pauline McGlynn - from father ted) Ah go on.....go on....etc

Had a session with some "celebrities" who were over here for a charity football match thing - they included mainly soap stars from the UK, can't remember all but mostly cornation street (ashley, tyrone....) and The Royles?, and some hospital program, some sexy asian/spaish/itlian? guy tried to hit on me, from that prog, forget his name though....

Had a few sessions with some DJs who are kinda famous in their field, but most of ye wouldn't have heard of...

Got Eric Cantonas Autograph...

OH and had a drink in that Kerry footballers pub years ago - forget his name, he is always on the panel on RTE GAA programs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

memory isn't what it used to be ...just remembered ...

CJ Haughey bought me a pint once ...well ...me and everybody else in Dick Mack's in Dingle at the time...

So did Jürgen Klinsmann ...just not in Dick Mack's, nor in Dingle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Mine's pretty lame. Worked on a fun fair when I as in school for the summer. Put Roy Keane and Denis Irwin through the gost train. They didn't seem too impressed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jackz wrote: »
    Was on the worst tv show of all time Gridlock (Replacement for Blackboard Jungle) I made a mistake and said bolloxs.
    I was on bbj.

I used to work in a large concert venue in Dublin, now closed for being done up.

I met loads of famousers in there.

I pissed beside Ryan Giggs the night before Bex's wedding, Fatboy Slim was playing. I met Phil Neville and called him Gary.

I used to work with Brendan Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

Gerry Ryan growled at me once when I held open the door for him at an off license in Clontarf while saying "howya Gerry". Horrible man.

I was at Eamonn Andrews Funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I held a bus at a stop on College Green for Nina Persson from The Cardigans - I got a sexy smile and a thank you for that ;-)

Also spotted Blondie walking down Church Street just outside St Michins, gave her a 'howaya' and got a 'good day' and a smile back -

I feel really cheesy now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

cork hurlign legend tomas mulcahy was behind me in the queue at the garage once. he was buying bread. don't know if he got petrol or not.

it was soda bread, in case anyone was wondering

Remembered another one. I used to work in a large electrical retailers.

One Sunday, at five past six, we closed at six, I wouldn't let some bint in to make a purchase. I got the "do you know who I am" thing.

Apparently it was Samantha Mumba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I met Daniel O'Donnell outside Croke Park before the Donegal-Dublin All Ireland Final in 1992, I was 8 at the time and well impressed.
    I also met Denis Irwin on a bus at Manchester Airport, met Colm O'Rourke during half time in some match in Croke Park, met Lisbon Lions Tommy Gemmill and Billy McNeill in Dublin last year, and I did a debating course with Rose Dugdale (she was an wealthy English titled aristocrat who joined the Provisional IRA and took part in the raid of Russborough House and the first helicopter bombing in British history) a few years ago.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was working in Tesco a few years ago and some guy came in that looked exactly like Chris Pontius (the guy from jack ass). I walked by him and said "Jaysus man, you're the spit of Chris Pontius". I found out later that day that it actually was him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The brother of one of the lads I went to school with was the knitting champion of Ireland and even knitted on a weekend kids tv show on rte 2 (scratch Saturday?). Another friend of mine was on that computer games tv show that was on years ago. He did really badly at sonic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I sold Gerry Adams a shirt a long time ago.

He has a really skinny neck, and much to my amusement he paid in English pounds!

I sold Rodrigo Y Gabriella their mobile phones. She is insanely hot. They have immense roaming charges, as I recall.

I also had a discussion with Des Bishop about people giving him prank calls on his mobile.

I'd be fired now if I still worked there :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

OOOOh, we gave Victoria Smurfit a loan of a charger as well. Total MILF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

I once got scolded by my boss when I worked in Sp*ctra Photo because I held Keith Duffy's £20 up to the light to see was it fake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

SDooM wrote: »
    I sold Gerry Adams a shirt a long time ago.

He has a really skinny neck, and much to my amusement he paid in English pounds!
    Are you sure it wasn't northern pounds each country has it's own version and northern pounds are useless in the rest of the kingdom. You shouldn't have accepted them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

I once got scolded by my boss when I worked in Sp*ctra Photo because I held Keith Duffy's £20 up to the light to see was it fake

Was it?

(one hand hovers over the phone to break news story "Shock as Boyzone reunion turns out to be cover for international counterfiet money ring")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 rover84

Once saw that old guy from the lyrics board having a pint in Bondi nite Club of all places (Obviously went up to him locked and slagged him for bout an hour). The birds in that place must love a bit of mature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

i embarassed sinead o connor on blackrock mainstreet, she had it coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I shagged one of the lads from fair city in tolka park. He was about 20 years older than me at the time!!

• Advertisement

GOOD ONE!!!!

Quality wrote: »
    I shagged one of the lads from fair city in tolka park. He was about 20 years older than me at the time!!
    Classy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

He was about 20 years older than me at the time!!

I'd say he still is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

seamus wrote: »
    I once checked out Martin King's grocery shopping.

I served him several times in the Spar I used to work in. Nice chap. He always used to buy birthday cards.

Also, that guy who was in batchelors walk came in a few times. Ya know, the big guy. I don't know his name. :confused:

I once got presented some Irish award (when I was in primary school and actually understood the bloody language) by Miley from Glenroe. The show was still going then. He sat in the bar smoking and drinking all evening and was plastered by the end of it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

SDooM wrote: »

I sold Rodrigo Y Gabriella their mobile phones. She is insanely hot. They have immense roaming charges, as I recall.

I nearly ran into Gabriella recently in Dublin, and I mean literally. She was going one way and I was going the opposite direction and I just missed knocking her over. :eek: Oops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

I tripped up a woman that looked like John Rocha yesterday.. turned out it WAS John Rocha

My god, cant believe I didnt think of this earlier

I know the guy whose house Katie French was partying in!!

I once spoofed up this thick wagon that I was in Fair City at a Shels match, she ended up riding me... wasnt up to much though ;)

I once spoofed up this thick wagon that I was in Fair City at a Shels match, she ended up riding me... wasnt up to much though ;)

Thanks for the crabs!!!

Archeron wrote: »
    Was it?

(one hand hovers over the phone to break news story "Shock as Boyzone reunion turns out to be cover for international counterfiet money ring")

I t was real, and only two days before we had been given strict instruction to check every one... obviously someone with such a deified stus is incapable of being passed fake money

• Advertisement

Thanks for the crabs!!!

thanks for pretending to enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ger_Hankey wrote: »
    During the run up to the last election I nearly ran over Mary Harney. She was canvassing and she stopped outside my driveway to talk to somebody. I wasn't really looking as I backed my car out and she had to jump out of the way.

YOur very lucky, she would've left a huge dent in your car.

Which one?

Jack Charlton went to my uncle's shop to buy a loaf of bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Senna wrote: »
    Worst claim to lame story. I refused to comp a drink for Daniel O'Donnell's sister (Margo, seemingly she sings too). She actually used the line 'don't you know who i am'.

Margo's his mother, if you believe half the scurrilous rumours you hear ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

He still is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Brian O'Driscol's dad went to my school years and years ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I stood next to Lee from Blue in the Ben and Jerry's queue at Cineworld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I did an exam with Gordon D'Arcy sitting in my row, and I once queued in Tesco behing Ray D'Arcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Kylie from fair city! The Paedophiles daughter I think! Twas great!! Couldn't hold back the smile and told her I was obsessed with the show which is complete BS btw, I'm a lick ass! :D

Meet her a good bit actually...shes in the gym!

Pat Kenny in the Westbury, complete jerk.

Carol from fair city, Tracey from fair city, mondo from fair city, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Mondo and a few from Fair City where in a niteclub in Galway and that Colin lad from the Panal .He was having a few pints in Bar Cuba and a mate got a picture with him seems like a nice dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I met Jimmy White in a pub in Carlow a few years back when there was some charity snooker match on nearby. That's as famous as it gets with me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Also I meet Jimmy Carr in a nite club he was trying his case with a young one the cheeky devel....fair play

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Kylie from fair city! The Paedophiles daughter I think! Twas great!! Couldn't hold back the smile and told her I was obsessed with the show which is complete BS btw, I'm a lick ass! :D

Meet her a good bit actually...shes in the gym!

Pat Kenny in the Westbury, complete jerk.

Carol from fair city, Tracey from fair city, mondo from fair city, etc.

Ha!

I think you win so far.
    Fair City actors!

If I had dumped my exgirlfriend better I coud have Emma Watson's bebo and phone number and sell them on Ebay.

On a side note, at the party my ex was at, a guy snuck into Emma Watson's room, stole one of her thongs and sold it on Ebay. She found out too.
    Genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

On a side note, at the party my ex was at, a guy snuck into Emma Watson's room, stole one of her thongs and sold it on Ebay. She found out too.
    Genius.

That is some fantastic entrepreneurship! Although that someone bought it is shameful indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Genius.

That's not what i'd be doing with it.....

she's 17 just as a matter of clarification

That is some fantastic entrepreneurship! Although that someone bought it is shameful indeed.

Yeah, my ex went with the guy too, I lolled when she told me that as she was ashamed to have gone out with him. But fair play to him. He showed a good sense of business.

Imagine being Emma Watson and finding out the a guy you knew did that. And that someone bought it on Ebay, and is probably prancing around in it. Or doing other stuff to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I served Colm Meany in the pub.

Really nice guy

Imagine being Emma Watson and finding out the a guy you knew did that. And that someone bought it on Ebay, and is probably prancing around in it. Or doing other stuff to it.

I can't imagine being emma watson without one of her thongs on, might have to pick one up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd get some very minor celebrities in to legal issues if I fully detailed some of what I've seen (and the guards or the office of tobacco control gave a ****e). But I've shaken hands with and talked to most of the top half of the DJ Mag 100 listing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I was at a charity table quiz years ago where every team had a "celebrity" at their table. We were told that our's was Colm O'Rourke, who was apparently at the height of his powers at that time. Didn't impress me though because I had to ask who he was. And for a teacher (which I discovered later) I have to say he was feckin' useless.

zaph wrote: »
    I was at a charity table quiz years ago where every team had a "celebrity" at their table. We were told that our's was Colm O'Rourke, who was apparently at the height of his powers at that time. Didn't impress me though because I had to ask who he was. And for a teacher (which I discovered later) I have to say he was feckin' useless.

I also have to ask who he is?

• Advertisement
Advertisement