Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting IFO/VRO files

• 09-12-2007 8:18pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've managed to hook my camcorder up to my PC via a USB cable and am looking to transfer the video files over to my PC if I can.

The files are coming from the DVD-RAM disc in the camcorder, which I can't get to work on its own in the PC so have to go about this way instead.

Does anyone know of a good (free?) programme so I can turn the IFO or VRO file (Which ever I need) into a playable video? I've tried Cucusoft's and AVS's trial video converters but neither seem to be doing the job and are instead stopping half way through.

Is there a way to get the formats to work in Adobe Premier Pro 2.0, so I can mess around with them and make them normal video files from there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

flogen wrote: »
    I've tried Cucusoft's and AVS's trial video converters but neither seem to be doing the job and are instead stopping half way through.

Trial versions usually stop halfway through. They're just demonstrations of how it will work if you buy it.
    Cucusoft are generally good, however.
    flogen wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good (free?) programme so I can turn the IFO or VRO file (Which ever I need) into a playable video?

You have to convert the VRO to DVD format (or divx, whichever you prefer) before you can burn it to disc.

There's a guide here using TMPG Encoder Author:
    http://www.btinternet.com/~james_lancaster/guide2.HTML

The trial of this software will convert the entire thing, but is time-limited to 14 days after which you will have to buy a licence for it.

Advertisement