Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Great insurance quotes.

Options
  • 09-12-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

As someone who has suffered from insane quotes in my driving career (6.5k+ on 1st car), I thought it would be nice to share some info on an excellent quote I got recently.
    www.123.ie gave me a quote of 390 euro on a 08-D Audi TT fully comp! I can only assume that other cars will do as well.

I even called them to make sure it wasnt a mistake as it was less than half the nearest quote, with all options ticked. They said eagle star is celebrating a takeover or something like that with cheap quotes!
    Happy hunting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Quinn gives me a better quote than them, plus FBD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

They want 2700euro for the same thing Quinn are givin gme for 1300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

fluffer wrote: »
    As someone who has suffered from insane quotes in my driving career (6.5k+ on 1st car), I thought it would be nice to share some info on an excellent quote I got recently.
    www.123.ie gave me a quote of 390 euro on a 08-D Audi TT fully comp! I can only assume that other cars will do as well.

I even called them to make sure it wasnt a mistake as it was less than half the nearest quote, with all options ticked. They said eagle star is celebrating a takeover or something like that with cheap quotes!
    Happy hunting.

Yeah then you have a 3-4k excess.123 arent worth the hassle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

drdre wrote: »
    Yeah then you have a 3-4k excess.123 arent worth the hassle.

your getting mixed up with the XS direct policy that has a 4k excess.
    its stated in the OP's original post that he is going with eagle star. (eagle star dont do a high excess policy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

They are looking for 200E more that what i got with Quinn and the excess is double the price...

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    your getting mixed up with the XS direct policy that has a 4k excess.
    its stated in the OP's original post that he is going with eagle star. (eagle star dont do a high excess policy)
    Well what is the excess of 123.ie, They do have some sort of excess or some catch.

They wont even insure me :) , I seriously think Hibernian are the best and competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

The excess is 500 Euro at a 468 premium, with 1000 being the highest available at 390 euro premium.

I only posted because of the comment made about it being a special celebratory rate.
    I guess this celebratory premium drop doesnt apply to all...

I was with Quinn Direct for 7 years. They gave me insurance when nobody else would at all (for less than 10k anyway). At extortionate prices. Never claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

They won't cover my current car at all. Out of interest, I tried them for my last car - €847 as opposed to the €596 FBD were charging me for better cover.

Anan1 wrote: »
    They won't cover my current car at all. Out of interest, I tried them for my last car - €847 as opposed to the €596 FBD were charging me for better cover.
    They are advertising alot so people think they are cheap.Thats marketing but they arent the cheapest around for some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

They wont even insure me :) , I seriously think Hibernian are the best and competitive

I feel the same, I'm building up a no claims as a named drive on my mam's Hibernian policy at the moment. They were the only company to quote 2 year ago when We started off as both of us had fresh licences and the people she was with before were over 40s only.

Massive price variances accounted for I believe some degree of customer loyalty pays off in the end. Just threaten them with a loss of the policy every year and they cave in so easy.....did it through Hibernian with AIB this year and got it even cheaper....was €200 cheaper to name my dad as the 2nd driver and me as 3rd than to have me as the 2nd driver for some reason!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

They are advertising alot so people think they are cheap.Thats marketing but they arent the cheapest around for some

Nobody is cheapest across the board. Insurance co.s look at where they have taken a hammering on claims and start to load that group of cars/people/addresses/occupations. Likewise they look to see where they are losing market share to the competition and start to discount them. It's a cyclical thing and that's why it's important to ring around every year.

FWIW FBD managed to undercut the best rate my broker could get, Hibernian, (and I'd been with him 5 years) by over €200 and included extras like breakdown and glass cover that the Hibs wanted more money for. This in spite of changing car half way through the year from a 1.9 to a 2.2.

milltown wrote: »
    Nobody is cheapest across the board. Insurance co.s look at where they have taken a hammering on claims and start to load that group of cars/people/addresses/occupations. Likewise they look to see where they are losing market share to the competition and start to discount them. It's a cyclical thing and that's why it's important to ring around every year.

FWIW FBD managed to undercut the best rate my broker could get, Hibernian, (and I'd been with him 5 years) by over €200 and included extras like breakdown and glass cover that the Hibs wanted more money for. This in spite of changing car half way through the year from a 1.9 to a 2.2.

They didnt want extra from me for glass cover and breakdown assist.Ive been with them for 4yrs and not a single hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Bully for you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Well what is the excess of 123.ie, They do have some sort of excess or some catch.

123.ie are a broker, the excess will depend on which company you choose to insure the car through them.

i was with 123.ie last year and my excess was 190 euro through hibernian.

kceire wrote: »
    123.ie are a broker, the excess will depend on which company you choose to insure the car through them.

i was with 123.ie last year and my excess was 190 euro through hibernian.

Ah ok, I cant complain Hibernian were great, Im 23 with a full licence 4 points, 4 yrs no claim and insured on a 07 golf gti for only 1300 fully comp.Nobody else would quote me in ireland i rang at least 15 different companies in ireland and actually no body would even give me a outragous quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Ah ok, I cant complain Hibernian were great, Im 23 with a full licence 4 points, 4 yrs no claim and insured on a 07 golf gti for only 1300 fully comp.Nobody else would quote me in ireland i rang at least 15 different companies in ireland and actually no body would even give me a outragous quote.

Hibernian quoted me 1200 direct and 820 through a broker ... Bizaareness of it all :)

craichoe wrote: »
    Hibernian quoted me 1200 direct and 820 through a broker ... Bizaareness of it all :)

What broker was that?

What broker was that?

www.ombg.ie

craichoe wrote: »

Thanks, Will try them next year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Sh1te website, nothing annoys me more than filling in a form to be given "Sorry we cannot quote you at this time, please ring us at blah blah blah"

I'm 24, 2 years no claims bonus, full clean license driving at 1.3 corolla (that wouldn't pull the socks from a dead man) for fcuk sake

I repeat crap service

Vegeta wrote: »
    Sh1te website, nothing annoys me more than filling in a form to be given "Sorry we cannot quote you at this time, please ring us at blah blah blah"

I'm 24, 2 years no claims bonus, full clean license driving at 1.3 corolla (that wouldn't pull the socks from a dead man) for fcuk sake

I repeat crap service
    I agree with you, There should be an online system.Thats the way the insurance market is going mainly online and not through phone.

Vegeta wrote: »

I repeat crap service

Whatever works out the best value for money, i wouldn't go based on their website. Quinn Direct have the best website out of the lot and their a total shower of cowboys.

Advertisement