Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone - now the cheapest billpay option?

• 09-12-2007 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

My dad is planning to port from O2 to another network as he's currently paying around 250 a month for around 800 minutes.

I was researching yesterday and, amazingly, Vodafone is actually the cheapest of the lot with Perfect f it 600 for 89 for 600 anytime any-network minutes plus 400 anytime landline calls and 600 txts a month. He has an 087 and originally ported from Vodafone because they were so expensive at the time (2005), I've managed to convince that with the money he will save he can push the boat out and get an N95 8GB (which hopefully, he'll considered swapping for my N73!!:):rolleyes:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

How in gods name is he paying €250 for 800 mins?

Active Life 650 gives you 650 mins for €85 alone ... are they international mins? Is he on an old or lower plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

He's on choices 20+

He asked the salesman what the best plan was and was given that (he should probably have specified who it would be best for!!!)

He's so annoyed about it that he is going to leave them, if you change plans with O2 you commit to another 12 months with them

I was favouring 3 as they offer 1000 min for 99e, however, the cheaper price and the better (Irish based) customer service offered by Vodafone convinced me. I am with 3, but I use half the minutes to call UK mobiles and am only on the 200 min package which suits me fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Why doesnt he take an upgrade with O2, they have an offer at the moment
    Just upgrade to the cheapest/free phone.

"Upgrading and new customers on Pay monthly Active Life 150, 250, 500 will automatically receive 100 free bonus minutes and 100 free texts per month for the first 10 months, when you join O2 or upgrade before 31st December, 2007."

If you would like to sign up to Active Life 650 (for 18 months) we will give you an additional 600 free minutes and texts! That's 100 extra free bonus minutes and 100 free texts per month for 16 months when you join O2 or upgrade before 31st December, 2007.

Advertisement