Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Pressie?

Options
  • 09-12-2007 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Apologies for crashing your board but trying to decide on christmas pressie for little bro and considering a gift subsription to GameSenders; can anyone recommend them? Spending about €50 so could get 3 months with GameSenders or buy a game? if a game which one? (he has a xbxo360).

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

If you are looking for a recommendation you should give his age. Some games are incredibly violent and are totally inappropriate for children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, and also what kind of games he likes, or games he already has...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 SlummyMummy

I say little but he's actually 24!! I know he likes fighting games and hasn't bought anything recently..thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

As he's 24, it's best to ask him. Me, I love Call of Duty 4 (new one out), but there are some people who like strategy games, so, at 24, it's anyone's guess.

What sort of games does he own at the moment? It may give us a better understanding of what he likes (he could sports for all we know).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If he likes fighting games; Virtua Fighter 5.

Buy it and relax cos that's his present sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If he likes driving games - PGR 4
    If he likes RPG or Action games - Mass Effect (a really really really REALLY good game!)
    If he likes shooting stuff - Call of Duty 4

Can't really comment on Virtua Fighter 5, but it's one of the only fighting games that have been released recently, and is supposed to be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 SlummyMummy

Hi

Have been meaning to say thanks for your suggestions; decided to take the least risky option and ask him; turns out he's already a member of GameSenders so he has opted for the gift voucher. Great for me as its one less thing to brave the shops for this weekend.

If I can return the favour with advice on gifts for the ladies in your life pm me or post something on gifts & parties and I'll do my best to help.

Merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

What a uber waste of time this thread was lol

Advertisement