Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scutterin' Vodafone!

• 09-12-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭

Right, well I'm in the market for a new phone. Currently have a Nokia 6234 that has pms - it shuts off when it feels like it and various other annoying **** like locking the keypad for an hour or two. Basically I'm sick of it and can't be bothered to go complain about it or do anything about it. Except get a shiny brand spanking new phone!

My problem is this; Vodafone have such a scutter range of phones that I don't really see anything I like. The k800 is good value but I'm not sure, and while I wouldn't say no to an N-series phone they are a tad expensive and not what I'm looking for.

You see cson's heart is pining for a phone similar to his favourite phone of all time. That was a Motorola 3G flip phone. One of the first 3G phones, not sure of its name but it was a bit of a brick. It was my brick though, I loved that phone. Then someone nicked it. :mad:

So I has my eyes on the Motorola V3xx from 3. Now I don't wanna switch networks, I'm happy with Vodafone depite their scutter taste in phones. What I'm asking is; Is there any possible way I can get that Motorola and keep my Vodafone network?

Sorry for the big spiel! Thanks for reading...if you did :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Buy it sim free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hmm, methinks that'll cost considerably more than the €129 3 are quoting. Will I be able to configure it to the Vodafone 3G network then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

What about the K1? Would be similar to the V980/V1050 that you would have had.

Ah thats the one, the V1050. I god damn well loved that phone. It was a brick, but it was my brick :o

Not a major fan of the K1. Possibly because it doesn't have 3G and I use 3G a lot. Though I spose I could just go without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

Where are you based ? I could get you a Vodafone V3xx
    cson wrote: »
    Ah thats the one, the V1050. I god damn well loved that phone. It was a brick, but it was my brick :o

Not a major fan of the K1. Possibly because it doesn't have 3G and I use 3G a lot. Though I spose I could just go without.

• Advertisement

Limerick during the week, a small little Galway town called Portumna at weekends. I think Vodafone did the V3xx on Billpay for a while didn't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

cson wrote: »
    Limerick during the week, a small little Galway town called Portumna at weekends. I think Vodafone did the V3xx on Billpay for a while didn't they?
    Yeah and Prepay but they were €299. I've PM'd were to get one.

Thanks a mil v10,

Cheers mate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Im delighted with my K1 Blue, tho im thinking of switching back to O2 and will have to buy their silver K1 to have a phone thats unlocked for any sim, which is the problem with the blue one at the moment.
    I would recommend the K1 better than the V3.

Advertisement