Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G problems-have connect and disconnect many times for it to work

Options
  • 09-12-2007 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hey all,

Have had a vodafone 3g USB modem for the past 6-8 months but in the last month or so it has become nearly unusable i travel and have used it in many areas apart from Swords and the same thing constantly happens i get what appears to be a good 3g signal hit connect and it all connects fine.

I then hit the web browser it hangs for an eternity and then says no page found or whatever it would say if there was no internet connection this happens numerous times while i connect/disconnect and eventually it lets me on the web

any ideas????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭limerick_woody

have you changed your browser or operating system? Can you try the modem with a different computer?

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

yeah have tried it on a work computer one thing i did do was flash the device to the new connector interface. think this was the Vista upgrade maybe the problems started then but what is the problem the flash was succesful any ideas??is there settings for the web browser that might be dodgy anyone got the correct IE settings for the Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭limerick_woody

does it connect to the web ok on the work computer - i mean can you browse the web, i assume it connect fine. I had a problem with the dns servers and i also found that if you disable ipv6 in your browser it can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

limerick_woody,

yeah my browser works fine with Work/College/home internet only when i use the USB modem does it seem to have problems getting on even though the modem tells me i'm connected to a good 3g signal

spoke to some vodafone tech today who suggested a dns server flush which i did it may have helped a little but still have the problem

tell me other vodafone 3g users when you get a connection do you 99% of the time get on to the internet when you start your browser or are these "page cannot be displayed a common occurence"

Advertisement