Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my student card, am I totalled?

Options
  • 09-12-2007 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

So yeah, i lost my wallet a week ago and wasn't arsed doing anything about it because it didnt have mylaser card in so i was just waiting for it to turn up.

Then i remembered something about you have to have your student card for exams or something. My first one is on Tuesday. Anyone know the story?

Can i just bring my passport or something?

Lol@me it seems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

If you know the number and have photo ID (and speak to the head invigilator beforehand - plus something like your fee invoice would help) you should probably be alright - but why not just go into campus tomorrow and get one from the Tierney(?) building? Takes like 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

My wallet was stolen from the first exam last year and once you bring some kind of photo ID they don't really mind.... maybe bring something with your student number on it too and youll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

No, dont believe the previous two posters, you are, my friend, as some might say, donald ducked. You may look back on this day in the future some time and decide that it was where you fell into the abyss which your life will surely have become

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Every year i've turned up to at least 1 exam with absolutely no form of id whatsoever. No atm card, no student card, no garda id, no passport, nothing! Did they have a problem? Nope! I even had nothing for 2 exams in a row and there wasn't a problem.

Of course, they are a lot stricter these days, you're probably screwed. You might as well drop out now and do arts next year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

I normally forget to pick up my student card and/or loose it sometime before the exams. Photo id is all thats required and sometimes they make you fill out a form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

in fairness though you don't need photo ID with ya if you forget your student card. i know a lot of people who forget it last year and they just told the people who walk around their student number and name and they were fine. makes cheating the system very very easy if you ask me................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Jam400

I lost mine weeks ago and i went in to get one at the student desk and the dude with the lamb chops gave me it for free! Legend :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

TheThing! wrote: »
    No, dont believe the previous two posters, you are, my friend, as some might say, donald ducked. You may look back on this day in the future some time and decide that it was where you fell into the abyss which your life will surely have become

priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

So yeah, i lost my wallet a week ago and wasn't arsed doing anything about it because it didnt have mylaser card in so i was just waiting for it to turn up.

Then i remembered something about you have to have your student card for exams or something. My first one is on Tuesday. Anyone know the story?

Can i just bring my passport or something?

Lol@me it seems.

your cool, they will just make u sign some crap, and you can get a new one in the second semester, they cost about 13 euro or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

lost my wallet too :(altho there is no money in it...(my 10 journey return bus ticket!:()

well,today i just bring in my last yr student card...perfect crime!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I lost mine only days after reading this thread.. its jinxed?

Has anyone successfully reported theirs stolen and filled out the Garda form and then got their €13 back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Has anyone successfully reported theirs stolen and filled out the Garda form and then got their €13 back?

Yep, wallet was stolen so I reported it and got a free one. I actually have four student cards this year, with different photographs and names. Long story. Needless to say only one of them is functional and I will be bringing it with me to exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

mloc wrote: »
    Long story.

wouldnt mind hearing that story!or are they just ones you've found ..then it wouldnt be very long

@ fillefatale:yup i reported mine stolen last year,wasnt that much hassle at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I didn't have my student card one time and the invigilator asked did I have any other form of ID. I didn't, so i opened the front of my dictionary on which my name was written, showed her, she said 'fine' and moved on...

Advertisement