Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal Car Crash on Quincentennial! [updated]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

i'll get off my horse when ye guys learn to use indicators at least.

Nothing wrong with my indicators, I don't pretend that all drivers are competent -far from it, anything but! You'd swear from some posts here that the poor cyclist is the road using victim here who does nothing wrong. It's hypocritical of cyclists to start complaining about drivers on the road when at least 90% of cyclists don't even bother to make themselves seen at night or in poor light or even know what side of the road to use!

Fair enough, Galway is not exactly conducive to safe cycling which makes it even more bizarre that you'll see some guy cycling down a road in the dark oblivious to other road users and looks surprised when he nearly gets knocked off his bike by someone who can't see him. Likewise, drivers should give way to pedestrians and cyclists in the city centre -I've no problem with that, I lived and cycled my way around Dublin for 2 years -I know all about both arguments and neither should take the moral high ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    You'd swear from some posts here that the poor cyclist is the road using victim here who does nothing wrong.

you clearly didn't read my posts then, so why are you commenting on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Take it to the Transport forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

you clearly didn't read my posts then, so why are you commenting on them?

"you'd swear from some posts on here"....ie not all. I'm commenting on your post directed at me and my indicators :)

agreed with above, this is gone off topic and probably should be on the transport forum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Be wary if your crossing at the slip road at the end of the bridg...very few people indicate there and they beep and keep ya the arm wave like its your fault for their incompetence..anyhow back to the actual topic.

Just to clarify, my post wasn't so much speculation I was recapping what was told to me on the scene, as far as I've heard now there were no kids in the car and in my post I said I didn't actually see any myself. I also don't beleive the man was beheaded either..as far as I could see anyways, I was about 60 feet from him and his head would of been toward the other end of the bridge. I've heard an awful lot more speculation since the crash but wouldn't take any of it on board

I'm not so sure how much the Garda report will reveal as far as I know there were very few witnesses. In the end does it really matter anyways?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 BUTTERFLYCONRON

there was a child in the car but she wasnt hurt! apparently the man was realeesed from a phicatric unit a while back and wanted to kill himself.............!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Classy. Did you register just to post that cr@p? How about some respect for the dead... :rolleyes:

Advertisement