Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bimmer dealers - You can dream for a courtesy car

Options
  • 09-12-2007 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Yop,

Ireland must be the only country when you got you car for service, repair whatever, BMW dealers never got you a courtesy car?

In France, Germany, US they always give you one.

Comments

mick.fr wrote: »
    Yop,

Ireland must be the only country when you got you car for service, repair whatever, BMW dealers never got you a courtesy car?

In France, Germany, US they always give you one.

What are you on about, I have always got a courtesy car when my car was in with the main stealer.

They even offered me a rental car when they had none!

Oh yeah, its beemer here too. Bimmer is a yank term.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Did you ask for one?
    The last time my car was in for a service with M&G in Milltown, I got an E46 316i (the only available car) and it cost me nowt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I suppose Keane and the one in Blackrock are not nice.
    I spent 2000 euro last year on one of my bimmer, they kept the car for 3 days, told me they had no courtesy car.
    Next week got my car in Keane for Inspection 1, it will be in the entire day, told me to funck off too.
    I suppose that's because I have not bought my cars with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

ronoc wrote: »
    I have always got a courtesy car when my car was in with the main stealer.

lol, was it intentional?

lol, was it intentional?

Oh yes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Maxwell have always given me an E90 courtesy car. Two were running on fumes and one had a nail in the tyre, but they were courtesy cars nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Most dealers tend to only give a courtesy car if you bought the car there.

I always tell herself to take my car while I'm servicing her's, and to help herself to the coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I suppose Keane and the one in Blackrock are not nice.
    I spent 2000 euro last year on one of my bimmer, they kept the car for 3 days, told me they had no courtesy car.
    Next week got my car in Keane for Inspection 1, it will be in the entire day, told me to funck off too.
    I suppose that's because I have not bought my cars with them.

Not a bit of it!
    They have a busy workshop and a limited fleet of loaners so you need to book a car when you're booking yours in. I haven't bought a car off Keane's but get all my dealer work done there. As long as I ask in advance there's a <1 year old courtesy car available and fuelled. Normally a 1 series but an E90 316 last time out. Never been charged a penny for the car or the fuel I used. I'm guessing your irritation arises out of assuming there would be a car available, and not asking. With the Luas passing by their door it would be a folly to have as many cars on the courtesy fleet as they have slots in the workshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

my dad sent his bmw in for a service and such ( they found a faulty c.v joint and replaced it ) so he got a m5 as a courtesy car.....

thank you mr. bmw dealer :)

also that was an old 1991 325i... god i miss that car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

S.I.R wrote: »
    my dad sent his bmw in for a service and such ( they found a faulty c.v joint and replaced it ) so he got a m5 as a courtesy car.....

thank you mr. bmw dealer :)

also that was an old 1991 325i... god i miss that car :(

Now that is a courtesy car! When did that happen? Presuming it was close enough to 1991.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

last year at Joe Duffy bmw blackrock ( just off the duel carriageway , right ? )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Nice one. Did you happen to be insured on your oul lads car at the time?! I think I would be putting a call in for emergency cover to his insurers if I wasnt.

Advertisement