Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Form Is Cryptic! Help!

Options
  • 10-12-2007 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭

So I dropped out of UCD in my first year after school, then dropped out of DBS the following year. Last year I completed a year long course in music performance, FETAC level 5 and some level 4 subjects. This year I'm doing an evening diploma in psychology and in September I'm hoping to start a degree in Social Care in DIT.

However, the CAO is really confusing me. In the further education box it says:

Further Education 1. Mention any special experience and/or qualification STIPULATED IN HEI LITERATURE as being relevant for admission purposes.
    DO NOT mention anything unless it has been stipulated, as this may delay consideration of your application.

2. Mention any Post-Leaving Certificate Courses (Republic of Ireland).
    If relevant, state the dates, locations, subjects, and (if known) results.

3. Mention any other relevant Further Education / Training qualification.

Should I mention anything here? I don't know if any of it is relevant or not....

Also, they ask you to send them certificates from all the colleges you've been to stating that you attended and dropped out or whatever but when I applied through CAO to go to DBS a few years ago I sent them a cert from UCD. Will I have to send that again?

God I hate this! I'm so stressed!

Comments

To be honest, the best people you could talk to would be the CAO themselves. Perhaps give them a call this morning to see what the word on the courses you did is.

It's a long time since I filled out the CAO form, but perhaps someone else could clarify things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Cheers, I got sorted out with all that info but one more question, I think I have to find out my leaving cert number or something, is that on the results? If I can't find them, how can I retrieve it? The school I went to has been shut down for a number of years...

LadyJ wrote: »
    Cheers, I got sorted out with all that info but one more question, I think I have to find out my leaving cert number or something, is that on the results? If I can't find them, how can I retrieve it? The school I went to has been shut down for a number of years...

Dept. of Education would be yer only man. Most schools would probably have it on file but when they don't exist anymore I can only assume that the DoE assumes control of all previous paperwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Thanks Myth! I'm a little less stressed now! Hopefully all this documentation and crap that I need won't be too hard to get. It's hilarious, I started social science in UCD at 17, I'm now nearly 22, I've tried so many different things since then and now I realise social work is my calling after all.

Sigh.

Advertisement