Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVI-HDMI cable problem

Options
  • 10-12-2007 12:17am

I was trying to set up a DVI-HDMI connection for my cousin today. His TV can only run in 1024x768 with VGA so the aspect ratio is wrong, hence I tried a DVI to HDMI cable.

But things seemed worse. The TV is one of those ones with a resolution of 1366x768 so if I used 1080i it looked horrible since it had to be downscaled and the TV can't do 1080p. 720p seemed better but it had some bad flickering as if the input was still interlaced. His card is an NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS AGP.

Is there any trick to setting up these properly?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

How new are the drivers? Most newer drivers will have a section specifically for connecting to HDTVs and will offer more custom resolutions and options that should help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

well you can buy a dvi to vga convertor 7euro,plug a vga 15pin cable into that ,other end to tv vga connector.set pc refresh rate to 60htz.TRY 1024X768 resolution.theres a free prog to help with pc to tv display,look at computers,forum essential software.
    THERES also a prog for setting up custom resolution on any graphics card,i cant remember the name.READ tv manual,it should list all the tv,s pc resolutions,or google the tvs specifications .go to advanced drivers sttings,external display,tv, knock off aa ,vsync, enable large icons, large fonts.TRY 720X576 STANDARD TV RES.

I already tried a VGA connection, the TV only takes a max of 1024x768 but the picture goes out of proportion in that resolution (it's a 16:9 set). Attempting to manually set 1360x768 fails - the set simply turns off. The NVIDIA driver won't allow me to add 1366x768 even with the DVI cable, says its an invalid resolution.

The driver version is one of the older ones, I think 93.71. I haven't done anything since because I haven't been around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Try 1280*720, those 1366*768 tv's scale to this resolution anyway as it's the HDTV standard. I got an early LCD flat screen that does 1280 native, wouldn't buy one that does 1366 (going 1920*1080 next year :)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

use standard hdtv resolutions, set grahics card refresh rate to 60htz

• Advertisement
Advertisement