Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 ''IP Fail''

• 10-12-2007 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

Hey all, This question has been asked alot id imagine but this is a last gasp for help.

Im trying to to get my xbox to connect to xbox live but when i connect it into the back of my comp it wont connect,

when i do the connection test I get ''IP fail'' My Modem is connected directly into my computer and there is no firewall on my connection!

does anyone have an idea to help me out

Would be gratefull! Jay:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,771 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Making some assumptions here:
    How are you connecting your Xbox and to what are you connecting it to?
    From what you say it appears you are connecting it directly to your PC by some means, this may/may not work depending on how this connection is physically and logicilly set up so more detail is needed....
    You may need a "hub/switch" to share your broadband connection instead of what you are doing now.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Well basically where my modem cable connects into the computer there is a 2nd port beside it so i placed the Xbox ethernet cable there but nothing at all happens.

Another thing i did was i placed the xbox ethernet Cable directly into the Modem and still nothing.
    Im a bit lost on how i can connect to the net with the xbox

Sorry for sounding stupid about it unfortunately technology isnt my strongest feature!

Jay112 wrote: »
    Well basically where my modem cable connects into the computer there is a 2nd port beside it so i placed the Xbox ethernet cable there but nothing at all happens.

Another thing i did was i placed the xbox ethernet Cable directly into the Modem and still nothing.
    Im a bit lost on how i can connect to the net with the xbox

Sorry for sounding stupid about it unfortunately technology isnt my strongest feature!
    Hmm,
    Who do you use for your BB connection (Eircom?)
    What model Modem are you using?

This could take a while, do you know any IT savvy people who could physicilly call over and take a look at your set up? It would be FAR FAR easier and less prone to misdiagnosis/issues than discussing this on an internet forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Did you download the update because I think that was happening to me when I did the connection test. When I declined the update, I think it said the IP Failed but when I downloaded the update it worked okay.

Dman001 wrote: »
    Did you download the update because I think that was happening to me when I did the connection test. When I declined the update, I think it said the IP Failed but when I downloaded the update it worked okay.
    Dman, I doubt it is related,
    However:
    Jay, I assume you've not connected to live before now?

Here is the MS Spiel on your issue:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908885

• Advertisement

Dman001 wrote: »

Which update is that?

kippy wrote: »
    Dman, I doubt it is related,
    However:
    Jay, I assume you've not connected to live before now?

No have never connected before!

Jay112 wrote: »
    No have never connected before!
    Then your issue has nothing to do with an update, it is to do with the setup of your connection.
    As I said do you know anyone who may be able to physicilly help and can you answer my earlier queries?

kippy wrote: »
    Then your issue has nothing to do with an update, it is to do with the setup of your connection.
    As I said do you know anyone who may be able to physicilly help and can you answer my earlier queries?

No not that i know of unfortunately! Stuck in a hole at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

First, do you have internet connection sharing enabled (in control panal click network, then right click on your connection, click sharing at the top and make sure you check the box). Second, check your network settings on your xbox and make sure everything is automatic on it, not manual. Lastly make sure you set your firewall to low on your router homepage.

Thats all i can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

if your xbox is plugged into your laptop, do as the previous poster said and enable internet sharing; this should sort it but I'm not sure if all games will play online via this method.

Is your cable modem a modem/router?

Advertisement