Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good Driving Roads in Cork

Options
  • 10-12-2007 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Anything near Cork city that has

- Nice scenery
    - Good road surface
    - Some nice constant apex swooping corners.

There's a nice stretch of road up by Cork AIrport. Am your going up airport hill, once you reach the airport roadabout turn left, turn right at the next junction and you have some nice swooping bends for the next 3 miles or so. Leads you onto the Carrigaline road.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

If you continue through Kinsale and along the coast towards Courtmac and Timoleague the road is excellent. A few of my buddies and I did a "dash for the coast" last year. Early one Sunday morning we left Cork and drove this to West Cork. Had brekkie and then came back. Really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Good driving roads in Cork :

Any road leaving it.........boom boom..........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

oleras wrote: »
    Good driving roads in Cork :

Any road leaving it.........boom boom..........:D

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA ......

Boom boom .. was that the sound of the gangstas poppin a cap :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cormac1982

astraboy wrote: »
    If you continue through Kinsale and along the coast towards Courtmac and Timoleague the road is excellent. A few of my buddies and I did a "dash for the coast" last year. Early one Sunday morning we left Cork and drove this to West Cork. Had brekkie and then came back. Really enjoyable.

I went for a spin down that way yesterday, lovely drive. Went on towards Kinsale through the old head. Where else would ya get scenery like it!!

Trying to find a place to take a 4x4 for a spin, give it a lash like. That said, I haven't a very capable 4x4 (santa fe) but I'd still like to see what she can do. Seen a few vids of them on you tube and they seems ok.

Advertisement