Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question on Dect phones and charging

Options
  • 10-12-2007 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick question to see if any of you can put my mind at ease, ok I have blueface and bought a cheap philips dect phone to use with the BF fone adaptor, anyway, when not in use I would leave the phone in its cradle to charge, now the battery icon would flash which indicated that it was charging fine, but I thought that it would stop charging once it had reached full charge and it should indicate this by showing a full battery icon, but this never happened, anyway I put it down to a fault with the phone, anyway I picked up a Tevion Dect fone recently and said grand this will fix the issue, but no same thing battery keeps showing the charging icon and never stops flashing, the battery compartment feels warm to touch.
    So just wondering if this is 1) Normal and 2)Is there a danger of the batteries exploding or shortening of the life of the batteries?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My philips DECT phone flashes all the time, and always has (over 15 years!). I have replaced the batteries once in that time, but you'd expect that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Romero

Thanks Alun, I have a BT Dect for my normal landline and once the battery is charged on that the battery remains solid and battery compartment doesn't feel hot like the other two that keep flasing so I was wondering if it was a problem or a potential safety issue

Advertisement