Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Anniversary Poll Results

• 10-12-2007 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭

source: wwe.com

Greatest Superstar in Raw History

At Raw's 15th Anniversary celebration Monday night, Mr. McMahon will announce the Greatest Raw Superstar in History. You, our fans, have thoughts on who it should be, and let's just say your choice was "Phenom-inal."

Undertaker received 29.2 percent of the vote as Raw's Greatest Superstar. John Cena finished second in the voting with 15.4 percent of votes cast. The Rock received a nod from 11.8 percent of fans, while "Stone Cold" Steve Austin finished with 10.2 percent.

Most Memorable Moment

WWE.com asked the WWE Fan Nation to sort throught the thousands of memories from the more than 750 episodes of Raw to choose the Most Memorable Moment.

In a close vote, the fans chose "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan's departure from the New World Order (the rebirth of Hulkamania) with 12.3 percent of the vote. The tribute to the late Eddie Guerrero earned 11.5 percent of our fans' votes, while Raw's Homecoming to USA Network in 2005 earned the nod from 10.3 percent.

Greatest Rivalry

When asked to decide which of the many rivalries were the greatest in Raw history, four antagonistic Superstars reigned supreme in the minds of WWE's Fan Nation.

The rivalry between "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Rock received top honors with 22 percent of the vote. The Rattlesnake-Rock war was epic and stretched over three WrestleManias. Stone Cold vs. Mr. McMahon received 21.3 percent of the vote, while the rivalry between Triple H and The Rock was the choice of 16.5 percent of voters.

Greatest Match

Raw has had thousands of matches, but tops on your list, with 24.2 percent of the vote, was John Cena and Shawn Michaels' nearly hour-long epic classic in the U.K. on the April 23, 2007 edition of Raw. Coming in second, at 19.6 percent, was "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's battle with Kane for the WWE Title in 1998, followed by Jeff Hardy and Undertaker's 2002 Ladder Match at 17.61 percent.

Hottest Diva

For our fans, it was "100% Stratusfaction" when deciding Raw's Hottest Diva. Seven-time Women's Champion Trish Stratus took top honors in the voting with 20.8 percent of the vote.

The four-time Women's Champion Lita came in second with 14.6 percent, and Candice Michelle finished third with 11.8 percent. There's really no loser in this category, however. All the Divas are smokin'! We all win.

15 Minutes of Fame

Rob Bartlett. Chaz. Mantaur. If you don't recognize those names, you're probably not alone. Over the 15 years of Raw, there have many who have graced the ring on Monday night for their brief moment of fame – their 15 Minutes of Fame, if you will. While their contribution to Raw may not have been long-lasting, they still made an impression.

WWE Fan Nation was asked to choose their most memorable "one-hit wonder" in Raw history. With 40 percent of the vote, the fans chose Damien Demento, the disturbing warrior from "the outer reaches of your mind" who faced Undertaker on Raw's debut episode. Also receiving votes: Meat, Bertha Faye, Friar Ferguson and the Gobbledly Gooker.

Most Shocking Moment

Raw's been chock full of wild and shocking events during its 15-year history, living up to its "anything can happen" reputation. When asked to pick the most shocking moment in Raw history, 15.6 percent of our fans chose "Stone Cold" Steve Austin being "sacrificed" upon Undertaker's symbol by The Ministry. Shane McMahon's purchase of WCW out from under his father, Mr. McMahon, in 2001 earned 13.7 percent, while DX's invasion of a WCW event and corporate offices got 10.7 percent of votes.

Greatest Faction

There is truth to the saying, "There is strength in numbers." On Raw, there have been many powerful factions of Superstars, but when asked to pick the No. 1 Greatest Faction in Raw history, the colorful D-Generation X took top honors with 63.8 percent of the vote. Evolution earned 9.6 percent of your vote, while the nWo was chosen by 7.5 percent of WWE Fan Nation.

Greatest Announcer

When asked who was best on the microphone in Raw history, the fans overwhelmingly chose the man in the black Resistol hat. Long-time Raw broadcaster and WWE Hall of Famer "Good 'ol J.R." Jim Ross earned 51.5% of fan's votes. His Hall of Fame broadcast partner, Jerry "The King" Lawler, got the nod from 15 percent of voters.

Best Interview Segment

A great interviewer can bring out the best – or worst – in their guests. When asked which of the many interview segments in Raw history was the greatest, Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel was tops with 35.5 percent of the vote, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's famous tartan-covered Piper's Pit finished second with 28.2 percent, and the Rated-R Superstar's Cutting Edge received 17.2 percent of the vote.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

ShaneU wrote: »
    Greatest Match

Raw has had thousands of matches, but tops on your list, with 24.2 percent of the vote, was John Cena and Shawn Michaels' nearly hour-long epic classic in the U.K. on the April 23, 2007 edition of Raw. Coming in second, at 19.6 percent, was "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's battle with Kane for the WWE Title in 1998, followed by Jeff Hardy and Undertaker's 2002 Ladder Match at 17.61 percent.

Benoit vs Angle came first, fair enough if it was a mistake and they didn't want to mention it, but Austin vs Kane has had over twice as many votes as Cena vs Michaels the two times I looked at it today

Any chance we'll see Damien Demento get his rematch with Undertaker tomorrow? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Angle the deserter and, well, Benoit. I wonder if they will mention either of them.

I just read that they gave incorrect results for the women's poll too. They said it was Trish, followed by Lita, followed by Candice. The results on the poll are Lita, followed by Mickie, followed by Trish. Given that the other results are all the same ones from the polls, it'd make you wonder why they felt the need to change that one, especially when the actual results are still online so people can see them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just to let everyone know, Raw is on Sky Sports 1 tonight instead of its usual home of Sky Sports 3 and it begins at 1am rather than 2am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

fair enough taker getting number one raw....but john cena getting second ahead of the likes of the rock and stone cold? Silly poll with silly kids:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Just to let everyone know, Raw is on Sky Sports 1 tonight instead of its usual home of Sky Sports 3 and it begins at 1am rather than 2am.

That is the best news I have ever gotten. This accomodation didn't bother their holes to get Sky Sports 3, so all I've seen here since I moved down was Unforgivin.

Also means I have an excuse not to got to my Philosophy test tomorrow morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Hogan is actually backstage was skeptical about it, rumour has it they want him for mania, now I know he's old decrepet greedy and so on, but I would love to see the ****er just once

EdK wrote: »
    Hogan is actually backstage was skeptical about it, rumour has it they want him for mania, now I know he's old decrepet greedy and so on, but I would love to see the ****er just once

If he wasn't really booked for the show then I'm sure he would have said something in the media about Vince conning the fans. If he's being booked in a WM match I'd guess that it'll be a tag match with Hornswoggle against Coach and Regal

Dream match!, it's just with his "divorce" and souring relationship with Vince it didnt seem too likely, "anything can happen in the WWE"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote: »
    If he wasn't really booked for the show then I'm sure he would have said something in the media about Vince conning the fans. If he's being booked in a WM match I'd guess that it'll be a tag match with Hornswoggle against Coach and Regal

Hogan sharing the spotlight? Be serious!

I can't wait for this show. Should be some great moments. I'm gonna tape over my Judgment Day 2004 PPV tape for this show (except for the Guerrero/JBL main event). I hope I won't regret that decision.

Foley seems excited by the show anyway so it seems promising. Here's hoping they deliver.

• Advertisement

Besides the advertised ones all these lads are expected to appear
    2 Cold Scorpio, Jim Neidhart, Steve Blackman, The Mean Street Posse, Gangrel, Scotty 2 Hotty, Marty Jannetty, Ted DiBiase, Bart Gunn, Gillberg, Mae Young, Bastion Booger, Barry Darsow, Lita, Sunny, Trish Stratus, Steve Austin

Rumour has it Sid Vicious is around aswell

Could be jobs going?

For you old school fans lol

Source: Wrasslezone
    Former ECW Champion Steve Corino is backstage at RAW and is expected to get a tryout tonight prior to RAW against DH Smith. He may work under a mask. I'm also told he may be getting offered a tryout as an agent/producer as well. Corino had a meeting recently in Stamford, CT. about the possibility of working full-time for WWE. We'll see how it goes tonight but it appears he is looking for work.

Corino's meant to be retiring at the end of the year so it's very likely that he's get hired, we all know retirements never go according to plan in wrestling. As much as I'd love to see him on tv, he'd be a really good choice to stick in developmental so that the younger guys can experience working with a guy who knows his stuff

Marty Jannetty, I dunno what to say!

There's a big chance of some guys getting hired again I would think

Advertisement