Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women in the army

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

IDF troops, both sexes serve side by side and as far as frontline goes, there is more action going on in the streets whilst on patrol than the frontline border areas, where you will find female troops as well.

And as for vastly over rated, mostly due to media propaganda what can I say everyone’s a critic.

I have twenty year's experience on the Lebanese/Israeli border and I've never seen IDF female soldiers in a combat role, not once.

But if you want to call the border 'front line' I've seen lots in admin roles with the Foreign Affairs & Liasion Branch, Military police and intelligence/comm's roles.

If you do a google you'll find lots of pix of female IDF soldiers passing out after artillery training, armour school, Combat Engineers etc but its largely cosmetic as you won't find the same girls in combat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

I've seen females in tanks in Southern Lebanon and only once but never on foot patrols or at the swing gates, anyone who was there knows what I'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Prolatarian

''I have twenty year's experience on the Lebanese/Israeli border and I've never seen IDF female soldiers in a combat role, not once.''

You were on the leb/Israeli Border for twenty years?
    What army are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

Pathfinder wrote: »
    On a serious note I would love to see a females reaction after digging a trench for 6 hours in the rain, is told to fill it in your unit is moving on.

Or how they cope on an exercise or field patrol being unable to wash for a week or more.

Do the army supply free primrose oil :D

well hows about my reaction, after a whole days digging... on my own btw.. to being told to give my trench away, move about ten meters the other side of a feckin mound, (to give better depth:eek:) and dig a new one!! it was the same reaction as any of the lads.. pissed:mad:!! but i got over it.. we dug a new one, and two of the lads moved into my "mansion!:D"
    as for not being able to wash.. well im sure i smell, atrocious:Dhehe, but i dont think we smell any worse than the lads!! better probably;)

im not disagreeing with the scientific evidence that in general men are stronger, and faster.. im just saying that all women should not be tarred with the same brush, and all women should be given a chance to prove themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

''I have twenty year's experience on the Lebanese/Israeli border and I've never seen IDF female soldiers in a combat role, not once.''

What army are you in?

On and off silly.

What army are you in?

The term D'oh comes to mind...

bada-bing wrote: »
    well hows about my reaction, after a whole days digging... on my own btw.. to being told to give my trench away, move about ten meters the other side of a feckin mound, (to give better depth:eek:) and dig a new one!! it was the same reaction as any of the lads.. pissed:mad:!! but i got over it.. we dug a new one, and two of the lads moved into my "mansion!:D"
    as for not being able to wash.. well im sure i smell, atrocious:Dhehe, but i dont think we smell any worse than the lads!! better probably;)

im not disagreeing with the scientific evidence that in general men are stronger, and faster.. im just saying that all women should not be tarred with the same brush, and all women should be given a chance to prove themselves.

All women are not being tarred with the same brush just 99% of them in the Irish Defence forces..

If you get a legal order you follow it no matter how stupid it may seem, just put up and shut up or hurry up and wait !

Advertisement