Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relative metaphysical atheists believe in God

• 10-12-2007 7:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭

I only just found this out and was so gobsmacked I had to share it. I had no idea. Are there atheists here of this nature?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I only just found this out and was so gobsmacked I had to share it. I had no idea. Are there atheists here of this nature?

Clarification: Relative metaphysical atheists maintain an implicit denial of a particular concept of God based on the incongruity between their individual philosophies and attributes commonly applied to God, such as transcendence, a personal aspect, or unity. Examples of relative metaphysical atheism include pantheism, panentheism, and deism.

I don't know whether we have any pure "relative metaphysical atheists", although a fair number of "practical atheists" would specifically reject certain conceptions of God.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement