Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I've just bought a Land Rover

Options
  • 10-12-2007 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭

:eek: I've been dreaming about getting a Land Rover Defender for years, and planned to eventually, when the wedding, the house and the like were all sorted, but this recent spell of weather has made me want one even more.
    So, yesterday evening, I bought one on ebay. It's a '96 300tdi with 163,000 miles and several thousand spent on extras already (lift kit, rock sliders, black chequerplate, big tyres, snorkel etc.) It'll cost me about €5000 but it's in Wales, so I have to account for vrt and the ferry and all.
    It's not expensive but I can't really afford it at this time. I have two motorbikes which haven't got a sniff of the road this year so maybe I'll shift them to pay for it. My father used to sell Landys years ago and kept telling me I was mad because they'd make long journies a misery. That's why I'm keeping my Alfa Romeo 156:)
    Am I mad? Has anyone else here made this sort of impractical impulse buy?(or anyone who can't afford it to be precise?) It's a cheap vehicle but an expensive toy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

OMG...we just bought a landy this evening...
    wanted one for years also and just made the break!
    we got our's it's a TDI 90, 1996, 95K miles for €5K...excellent nick
    cant wait to take it awayyyyy 2 morrr...

ps r u still selling the 2 bikes?

Advertisement