Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #18 - Tool - nima

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

This was necessary.

Say what you will about 10,000 days and perhaps even Lateralus but Ænima is an absolute monster of an album.

Dip your finger or push your elbow in and reap the rewards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

I can't say enough great things about this album. It is sensational, and must be a part of everyones collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BeardedLeftie

The best Tool album to get you started and with Lateralus 2 of the best albums ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Absolutely brilliant album! Probably my favourite Tool album. So many great songs. Good choice in Stinkfist as the video as opposed to Ænema itself. I prefer Stinkfist. Favourite songs people? I'd say mine is Eulogy or Forty Six and 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

Great album. along with lateralus.
    fav song -third eye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Along with Stinkfist - Push-it is amazing live.

As it rolls to a close:
    Remember I will always love you,
    As I claw your ****ing throat away.
    It will end no other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

dream theater live at the bodokan is a class album listen to it last night great songs after so long not listening to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I saw Dream Theatre twice in England in October, saw them at the Apollo and Wembley Arena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Where did the talk of Dream Theater come from all of a sudden? :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I love 'em, but it's very out of the blue.

? I was just responding to villains there. Don't get me wrong, I only have 3 Dream Theatres. Tool however, are probably my favourite band of all time. Up front in The Point!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fantastic choice, tool are great.

Mmmm, fisting... :s

But, like with many of his lyrics, Maynard manages to tie it in with society as a whole also. This is the album that is full of all the big hits. It has the most variation on it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

normally i dont go near this genre (mainly a blues man myself) but i can't get enough of this album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Has some fantastic songs, but personally I think Lateralus, as far as whole albums go, is far superior. Each to their own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Along with Stinkfist - Push-it is amazing live.

As it rolls to a close:

Push-it live from the Salival CD has to be my favourite Tool song.

That's the way it should've been recorded for the album, tabla solo's and all!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I love Aenima... tough choice between it and Lateralus.

Stinkfist, Eulogy, H. and Fourty-Six & Two are all really solid tracks, Hooker with a Penis and Aenima itself are superb angry tracks (specifically Aenima) and Push-it and Third Eye are just mind blowing (Push-it on Salival is amazing - although I'm not pushed on the tabla solos!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I love it but Lateralus is my personal favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Gobsmackingly brilliant album. Really upped the ante on what I expected from metal (if you can even call them metal...). This was the second Tool album I got, I had Undertow and despite thinking it was pretty good I didn't get the fuss around Tool. Then I got this and :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

May in fact be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Excellent choice, seeing them live was an amazing experience. I Agree about Push it live on Salival its mind blowing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement