Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek Champions League

Options
  • 10-12-2007 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Hi All!

Champions league is out once again, a good selection of games to pick from, here's the line up;
    [B]Home	Draw	Away[/B]
    FC Porto v Besiktas		Tues	 4/9	 13/5	 11/2
    Marseille v Liverpool		Tues	 11/4	 9/4	 4/5
    Chelsea v Valencia		Tues	 4/6	 12/5	 10/3
    Schalke v Rosenborg		Tues	 2/5	 11/4	 6/1
    Olympi@kos v W Bremen		Tues	 6/4	 9/4	 11/8
    Real Madrid v Lazio		Tues	 4/11	 3/1	 6/1
    Barcelona v Stuttgart		Wed	 4/9	 13/5	 11/2
    Rangers v Lyon			Wed	 7/4	 11/5	 5/4
    Roma v Man Utd			Wed	 4/5	 9/4	 11/4
    Sporting Lisbon v Kiev		Wed	 4/6	 12/5	 10/3
    Fenerbahce v CSKA		Wed	 2/7	 7/2	 7/1
    PSV v Inter Milan		Wed	 5/6	 11/5	 11/4
    Arsenal v Bucharest		Wed	 1/5	 4/1	 10/1
    Slavia Prague v Sevilla		Wed	 3/1	 12/5	 8/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

It's the last day of the group stages and there will be some suprises!
    • Liverpool are going head to head for a spot out of group A but if Besiktas beat Porto and pool draw - Besiktas go out number 1 and Porto number 2!
    • Shalke can steal number 2 spot from Rosenborg in group B
    • Olympi@kos & Bremen are both gunning to get out of group C
    • Rangers and Lyon - only one of them can get out of group E
    • Roma and UTD have already qualified but there is still some bad blood UTD and for what must be the first time this champions league they not favorites @ almost 4-1
    • Group G - If Fener beat CSKA and Inter beat PSV - Fener go through at number 2
    • The only thing that could supprise us in group H is if arsenal add to their 2 game not winning streak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

liverpool at4/5 looks good value considering they have to win....worth a few pound me thinks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Schalke v Rosenborg Tues 2/5 11/4 6/1

Does 6/1 not seem like a very big price for a team still with something to play for???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

jameshayes wrote: »
    It's the last day of the group stages and there will be some suprises!
    • Liverpool are going head to head for a spot out of group A but if Besiktas beat Porto and pool draw - Besiktas go out number 1 and Porto number 2!
    • Shalke can steal number 2 spot from Rosenborg in group B
    • Olympi@kos & Bremen are both gunning to get out of group C
    • Rangers and Lyon - only one of them can get out of group E
    • Roma and UTD have already qualified but there is still some bad blood UTD and for what must be the first time this champions league they not favorites @ almost 4-1
    • Group G - If Fener beat CSKA and Inter beat PSV - Fener go through at number 2
    • The only thing that could supprise us in group H is if arsenal add to their 2 game not winning streak

If Besiktas beat Porto and Liverpool draw, Besiktas and Liverpool go through!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/champions_league_tables/default.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

Schalke v Rosenborg Tues 2/5 11/4 6/1

Does 6/1 not seem like a very big price for a team still with something to play for???

I presume Rosenborg will be setting their stall out for a draw. If Schalke win they progress...any other result and Rosenberg do

• Advertisement

lolkelly wrote: »
    If Besiktas beat Porto and Liverpool draw, Besiktas and Liverpool go through!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/champions_league_tables/default.stm

Oops - missed the goal difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

These are my bets, 5€ :)

1 Football Matches Pending
    Champions League Matches
    *******kos v Werder Bremen
    11th of December 2007 7:45pm
    Draw No Bet
    *******kos @ 10 - 11

Selection Selection Details Result
    2 Football Matches Pending
    Champions League Matches
    Marseille v Liverpool
    Draw No Bet
    Marseille @ 9 - 4

3 Football Matches Pending
    Champions League Matches
    Rangers v Lyon
    12th of December 2007 7:45pm
    Draw No Bet
    Lyon @ 8 - 13

4 Football Matches Pending
    Champions League Matches
    PSV v Inter Milan
    12th of December 2007 7:45pm
    Draw No Bet
    Inter Milan @ 11 - 8

5 Football Matches Pending
    Champions League Matches
    Porto v Besiktas
    Win-Draw-Win
    Porto @ 4 - 9

To Win € 171.92

First time I play the "Draw No Bet", does that mean that if one match draw the whole 5 bets are voided, or only that one and the other 3-4 are counted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

had twenty euro in me pocket today in paddy powers so i done a 20 euro treble
    All or nothing on these three:D

Liverpool 5/6
    Chelsea 4/5
    Werder bremen 6/4

Pays back 165 if it comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Im putting a nice chunk on Liverpool and porto in a double.
    Cant see either of the 2 of em getting anything else other than a win.
    Marseilles home record is pretty awful this season with just 3 wins from 8 and 9-8 on
    the goals front.
    Can see Liverpool sitting back and picking them off on the break.
    Also Porto are a formidable team at home and Besiktas are shocking away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

IrishMike wrote: »
    Can see Liverpool sitting back and picking them off on the break.
    Also Porto are a formidable team at home and Besiktas are shocking away from home.

Assuming the second is true and I believe you are correct, Liverpool will not be able to sit back. Liverpool will have to force the game and get the first goal.

• Advertisement

badbrian wrote: »
    Assuming the second is true and I believe you are correct, Liverpool will not be able to sit back. Liverpool will have to force the game and get the first goal.

Anytime they are in a must win game (well not anytime, but a good few times over the past years) they have come from behind/won in the dying moments...

I would put money on halftime/fulltime - lose first half win second..

I say they are not going to make it and Benitez gets fired. Do PP take this double? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

TripleAce wrote: »
    I say they are not going to make it and Benitez gets fired. Do PP take this double? :)

According to oddschecker was 6/1 with PP today to be the next premiership manager to leave his post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Ok my bet is

Liverpool -1.0 @ 5 - 2
    Real Madrid -1.0 @ 10 - 11
    Porto v Besiktas Over 1.5 Goals @ 3 - 10

€35 pays €305
    Go on the Pool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Put simply, if Liverpool beat Marseille in their final group game then they will definitely go through. If they lose they will definitely go out. Complications arise should Liverpool and Marseille draw. Marseille beat Liverpool at Anfield earlier in the campaign, meaning they would edge the Reds out on the basis of that result, assuming Porto beat or draw with Besiktas in the group's other match.

But if Liverpool and Marseille draw and Besiktas pull off a shock by beating Porto, the Reds would go through. In this scenario, Liverpool, Marseille and Porto would all be on eight points. Liverpool would go through with the best goal difference in the head-to-head matches between the three teams.

Ouchhhh.. my head lol..

TripleAce wrote: »

My predictions are always so right :D

Advertisement