Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedding/Running in a new gun.

Options
  • 10-12-2007 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Hi to all.
    I'm hoping to buy a CZ 527 .223 rifle and have been reading this forum. I saw a reference to bedding in the bore of a new gun but can't find it again, about taking 1 shot and cleaning the gun leave for 24 hours and repeat the process again a couple times over. Is this the correct way to bed in a new gun? Also whats the best practise of how to clean the gun after use?
    Thanks Clive J.

Opps just found the pages I was looking for answer #5 at--
    http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055181146
    Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

bedding and breaking a barrel in are two different things no experience with CF myself but border barrels are a top name and give a full piece about running a barrel in.

Running in i believe its something like shoot 1 clean 1 shoot 2 clean 1 shoot 3 clean 1 till 10 and use as normal which i believe is shoot 20 clean.

Then theres the whole other story of cleaning which solvents if any bore cleaners brushes mops list is endless.

Alot of people make a fuss about cleaning i wouldnt worry to much about it just clean every time you use with some good standard products.

Bedding is normally in a wooden stock where you fill the inletting of the stock with an epoxy resign something like arcaglass from brownells the metal part of the guns are coated in something that wont allow it to stick i think shoe polish or something and clay for the trigger assemblys and things. The action is then pushed into and screwed down into the stock full of epoxy and then is left to settle the epxoy will finich rock hard and will leave a perfect surface for the gun to sit into giving maximum (cant think of the word) repeatability or ability to do the same thing over and over anyway yeah it means the gun is less affected by humidity and other little things.

Sorry for ramblin on caught me when i have a bit of free time in college

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

the epxoy will finich rock hard and will leave a perfect surface for the gun to sit into giving maximum (cant think of the word) repeatability or ability to do the same thing over and over anyway yeah it means the gun is less affected by humidity and other little things.
    Failure from a repeatitive force that is too small in itselfs to cause failure is "fatigue". so i'm guessing this is what you are looking for, max resistance to fatigue

Advertisement