Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud Library

Options
  • 10-12-2007 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has the library gotten louder compared to other exam periods?

Yesterday (ya I know it was Sunday but still...) I was studying in the library near the escalators when these 2 girls because really loud playing with the escalators. Eventually I just got up and told them to shut up.

They also seem to be letting people gather just outside by the escalators but the noise travels up to the top floor really easily. Libro cop wouldn't have allowed that.

Maybe its just the top floor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

Just study at home, its not like you would waste your time on the internet if you did that

Hey! Wait a minute, its 11 o clock!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Top floor is ridiculous. Even during the week, people would be standing around talking near the computers at the info desk, in full view of the people working behind the desk!

3rd floor all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/ The place makes me reminisce about airport departure lounges, jet planes powering down or taxiing, screaming children, sticky carpets slightly ill looking people... only difference is at the airport you know you're going somewhere exciting after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

The fact that they sell earlpugs in the SU shop under the library speaks for itself..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I study in Quinn alot, not because it's quiter than the library, but it's much more airy, comfortable, relaxed etc.

However, the library actually seems to be louder these days. All you get is a funky background TSCHHHHHHHHHHSCHHHHHHH sound in Quinn, rather than the constant noise of the comings and goings and conversations in the library.

So yeah. TSCHHHHHHHHHHSCHHHHHHHHHHH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I wear my seinnheisers in the library all the time now, not because i'm listening to music but because they offer the best damn sound protection ever.

Means the library actually seems quiet for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Rat on them. That's what I did.

When it's 9pm and you have a final the next day at 9am, you're not to be ****ed with, and those annoying first years with the big hair loitering outside the first floor toilets and speaking at the tops of their voices (THERE'S NO WALL, PEOPLE. WE CAN STILL HEAR YOU) have to learn that somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

there are quiet parts of the library. IF you want to study beside the toilets or the entrance your gonna get noise. You dont need an honours degree in quantum physics to realise that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

abelard wrote: »
    So yeah. TSCHHHHHHHHHHSCHHHHHHHHHHH.

Gotta love those air handling units.

Luckily I don't find noise at all distracting so I'm all about the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I study mostly in engineering but I get distracted really easily so if I don't have much time I go to the library. Today I went and found a really quiet spot amoung the laptop ceiling people but it was freezing there so I moved up to the trusty top floor. It was like a creche. I've now decided I'm gonna get Librocop a present when I leave

(I also actually did complain about the noise... twice-once to the people themselves)

I think I'm getting old

• Advertisement

I think we all are, I've moved beyond the dirty looks, to long dirty stares - it's getting nasty.

SOme day they will regret every doing this to us.... I swear......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I think we all are, I've moved beyond the dirty looks, to long dirty stares - it's getting nasty.

SOme day they will regret every doing this to us.... I swear......

Steph I hope you don't mean you're gonna turn up the radiation dial when they go for CTs!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I was in fact thinking of mentioning that then I thought better of it. Has your psych rotation made you telepathic??????

And worse - I'll send them for PET/CT or get a first year to position them - that's hellish. *shudders*

Advertisement