Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy in Dublin - Saturday, December 15th...

• 10-12-2007 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi folks.

Will be spending the night in Dublin on Saturday December 15th and would like to take in a comedy show.

Been doing a bit of surfing around and notice two venues of interest.

1. The International Bar
    2. Stand Up at the Bankers

Anyone have anything to say about either of these? Which would you recommend, if either?

Cheers,

k.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bryan Patrick

Well, I'm not sure who's on in the International but I believe Robbie Bonham's headlining Bankers, he's definitely worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

Nothing against Robbie - but Inter all the way.

No contest IMO - need to get there early though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

The Bankers! The Bankers!! Damn your eyes, man!

(yes, I only spotted this cos I was googling my name to see if I'm anywhere near famous yet...)

stipey wrote: »
    Nothing against Robbie - but Inter all the way.

Grrr!!!!

*shakes fist*

*realises he's soiled himself again*

*backs embarassingly out of thread*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

seriously go for the bankers!! hey robbie are you doin your new stuff? (and have you heard anything from the i dare ya fellas after your kick ass burn?!)

everyone who hasnt......go see robbie bonham!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭keano442

yeah, my name is inked in stone inside the door of the bankers. Though the barman/receptionist/skivvy I spoke to made sure to point out: "Make shewer you're here befower 9 - can't guarantee it after dat...."

See you saturday Robbie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

a they're both brilliant venues,a really great night out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

Cheers! Yeh, trying new stuff again, Grames

Yep, they're both good venues...dunno who's in Inter...actually, I dont even think I'm headlining the Bankers this week..I think someone else is. Me and Neil Hickey are on the first half, far as I know.

I'll mention your name on the door, Keano. if u say you're a friend of mine, you can get in for nowt, but do get there as close to 9 as possible...usually full by about 9.15ish...

EDIT - Seems I AM headlining.

Advertisement