Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brendan O'Connor - disgraceful flirt

• 10-12-2007 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I happened to be watching You're a Star last night on RTE and nearly threw my dinner up over the television. Isn't Brendan O'Connor's flirting with good looking (?) girls disturbingly wrong?

He seems to let girls through base on their looks - he said to a girl last night (who was average at best) "You're the best looking girl who's ever walked though those doors like". He started smiling at her and his face looked like a boil-ridden frog. She wasn't a great singer but I think she still got through.

How is this man still on television? What type of people actually watch this program (last night was the first time I've seen it in a few years) and how has this been allowed to continue? I'm thinking about writing in to RTE to express my concern. I'm genuinely disturbed by his conduct on this program, I lost sleep over it last night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Romero

Whats more disgusting is that he has a girlfriend who is expecting and also he was leading poor Katy French around on the arm at her birthday last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

I'm genuinely disturbed by his conduct on this program, I lost sleep over it last night.

Are you serious? Losing sleep about a judge's behavior on You're a Star???

All he did was express his opinion that the girl was very attractive and that she should go through to Boot Camp because of her looks, regardless of the fact that she didn't have a great voice. That's what Brendan always does! It's his shtick! Get over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭My name is Todd

There's nothing to get over - I didn't lose any sleep over it, but it's not like it's just harmless flirting. There's something else to this - the other judge actually told him he was freaking her out. It's just beyond creepy.
    214242612_0b3cd7488e_m.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm genuinely disturbed by his conduct on this program, I lost sleep over it last night.

There's nothing to get over - I didn't lose any sleep over it

And your point was what again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

He had to develop super-strong flirting skillz to counteract his looks and now he can't stop... he is the flirting juggernaut!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭My name is Todd

kearnsr wrote: »
    And your point was what again?

You know what my point was so let's not be foolish. I was joking saying I lost sleep. Hope that clears it all up for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Personally I can't believe RTE are still flogging this dead horse. They must be making a packet from the text-voting, it can be the only explanation. I saw the first 10 minutes of it last night (the sight of the personality-free-zone presenter swanning around in his 6-series coupe with his cool fog lights switched on was enough for me).
    Could someone confirm what I thought I'd heard - that there is NO record-contract prize at the end for the eventual "winner"? Just a cash-prize? If so, this turns what was already a lame duck into a dead one.!

I'm certainly no fan of the X-Factor, but this amateurish lame imitation is embarrassing.

Advertisement